Home Insurance with CCJ

Home Insurance for those with poor credit history and CCJs

About Home Insurance with CCJ


Case by case basis

Where some companies may automatically turn you away with bad credit or a CCJ, we are able to consider everyone on an individual case by case basis.


Specialist home insurance team

Our friendly customer service team will take the time to understand your circumstances to help you get the cover that is right for you, you can call them Mon - Fri 9am to 7pm, Sat 9am - 1pm.


Home cover after active or discharged bankruptcy

We can consider you whether your bankruptcy is still active or if it has been discharged. All we need is a little more information; (1) how much your CCJ or bankruptcy was for, (2) when it was and (3) what the circumstances were.

Direct Debit

Spread the cost of home insurance

You may be able to spread the cost over a monthly direct debit plan to make the total amount more manageable, subject to a credit check by our third-party provider.

Features of Home Insurance with CCJ

Standard cover

Buildings Cover

We will provide cover for your buildings as standard and we can also offer the option to add on extended accidental damage cover as well.

Alternative accommodation cover

If your home becomes uninhabitable, you’ll have cover in place towards the cost of staying somewhere else, as long as the claim for the damage is covered under the policy.

Contents cover

As well as your buildings, we can offer cover for your contents too. You must lock all of your doors and windows when you leave the home for this cover to remain valid.

Theft cover included in home insurance

On our policies you will be covered for theft as long as there is evidence of forcible entry or exit.

Home Insurance with CCJ FAQs


Can Towergate arrange immediate cover?


This depends on your circumstances and the type of property you want to insure. The quickest way to find out is to speak to one of our advisers on 0345 266 8568.


What do I do if I need to cancel my cover?


Please call us or notify us in writing with the reason for cancellation and state the date from which you need cover to cease.

Remember, if your policy is in more than one name, all policyholders will need to sign the letter. If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to contact the customer services team on 0344 736 0088.


Would you insure me if I have a CCJ which is not settled yet?


Yes. We can provide cover for both of these situations this but we might need to ask some further questions regarding the circumstances.


I don’t have a CCJ but I have declared myself as bankrupt previously, Is this something you cover.


In short yes. We understand that if this has happened you still need to protect your home and the contents in it. The easiest way to discuss this is either through our online quote journey or give us a call and we can talk you through the process of getting your house covered.


Where can I find full details of my policy?


We have provided a summary of the key features of the policy, above. For details of the terms and conditions applicable, please refer to the insurance product information document and policy wording, which are available during the quotation process.


How can I pay for my premium?


You can pay by credit card, debit card or monthly direct debit, subject to eligibility checks with our third-party credit provider.


How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0345 074 4760 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim