Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Home Insurance with a Criminal Conviction

If you’ve been turned down elsewhere, ask Towergate.

  • We aim to provide cover if you or someone else in your home has a previous conviction or criminal record
  • We take the protection of sensitive information very seriously
  • Wide-ranging cover options including accidental damage and property owners liability

Get a home insurance for criminal convictions quote

Get a quote

Retrieve your quote >>

error retrieving broker login link

Call us for a confidential chat about getting home insurance with a criminal record

0344 892 1750
0344 892 1750

Weekdays 9:00am - 5:30pm

What does home insurance with a criminal conviction cover include?

A different approach

At Towergate Insurance we take a different approach and when you tell us about your convictions, or about those of others within your home, we aim to find you cover regardless. Plus, you can be sure that your information will be safe in our hands - we understand that the details that you disclose to us are sensitive - your privacy is our concern.

Working with you as an individual

We work with every customer on an individual basis. Our team of underwriters will take your specific conviction into account, from a small fine through to a custodial sentence, and we will look into placing cover for you from our specialist home policy.

Feature rich cover

The cover you are offered will be tailored uniquely to your circumstances and can include your buildings and contents with an option for accidental damage cover. Plus, in some cases we can extend your home insurance with convictions policy to include property owner's liability, occupier's and personal liability, family legal protection, and more.

Expert claims team

If you need to make a claim, the claims team will work quickly and efficiently, ensuring high levels of customer service through to settlement.

Home Insurance with a Criminal Conviction Claims

Dedicated claims professionals are all trained and experienced in managing property insurance claims and are available from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm.

Simply call the number in your policy documents and you will be talked through the details of your claim.

Need to make a claim?

Call or email with: your policy number, a phone number to reach you on, details of your claim and photos where possible.

0345 074 4760

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm

Home Insurance with a Criminal Conviction Articles & Guides

Providing insurance has given us plenty of knowledge about what we insure, check out our property hub full of useful tips and guides:

Inflation Calculator


Inflation Calculator

Do you understand the impact inflation can have on your retirement? Learn what inflation means and how it could affect your financial future.

View infographic
Natural Light Window 464


10 Ideas for Refurbishing Your Home

Looking for ways to spruce up your home or make your property more appealing to prospective tenants? In this article we explore 20 creative refurbishing ideas for homeowners on a budget.

street in summer


Buying and selling property at auction

If you’re looking for an alternative to buying or selling through an estate agent, an auction house could be the place for you. Some of the risk and red tape associated with property can be avoided by going down the auction route. In this article we cover the key advantages of homes under the hammer.

Home Insurance with a Criminal Conviction FAQs

What excess do I have to pay on this policy?

You can choose to add a voluntary excess from £50 to £450. It could be that increased excesses are applied to your policy dependent on the risk presented. For more information speak to one of our sales advisers on 0344 892 1750..

Can Towergate arrange immediate cover?

This depends on your circumstances and the type of property you want to insure. The quickest way to find out is to speak to one of our advisors on 0344 892 1750.

What do I do if I need to cancel my cover?

You are entitled to a full refund of the premium paid if you find the policy unsuitable for your needs and cancel it within 14 days of receipt of your policy documents (as long as no claims have been made). If you need to cancel your cover you will be charged relevant administration costs for setting up the policy. Please call us or notify us in writing with the reason for cancellation and state the date from which you need cover to cease. Remember, if your policy is in more than one name, all policyholders will need to sign the letter. If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact the customer services team on 0344 736 0088.

Would I still be covered for theft under this policy?

Yes. As long as there is forcible entrance into or exit out of your property, you will be covered.

How can I pay for my premium?

You can pay by credit card, debit card or monthly direct debit.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.