Long Stay Travel Insurance

Our travel product is currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience.

  • If you’re an existing Towergate customer and need to make a claim, see the claims information below.
  • If you’re an existing Towergate customer and have a query, please email travel-insurance@towergate.co.uk and we’ll get back to you. Alternatively call 0203 829 6765 to speak to one of our team.

Long Stay Travel Insurance Claims

This policy is administered by tifgroup and Union Reiseversicherung AG (URV). tifgroup has a specialist travel claims team, so it's them you'll speak to if you need to make a claim.

They’ll talk you through the details of your claim and advise you of the next steps in the process. If you’re claiming for any stolen property, make sure you have reported your loss to the Police and have obtained a written report and reference number - this will help with your claim.

We would also recommend you share your policy details with your next of kin, just in case they need to act on your behalf should you fall ill and you’re unable to make any contact with our claims team.

Need to make a claim?

To start your claim, call us on:

(+44) 0203 829 6761

The team are available from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.

Alternatively you can email the team: claims@tifgroup.co.uk or find a claims form online here: www.tifgroup.co.uk/policyholders/claims

Make sure you include; your policy number, a phone number to reach you on, details of your claim and photos where possible and relevant.

Long Stay Travel Insurance FAQs

What happens if I miss my flight home due to illness?

Don’t worry, providing you have contacted our Emergency Assistance Facilities service then your policy will be automatically extended to cover you for medical expenses until it’s agreed you’re fit to travel home. Our Emergency Assistance Facilities service will liaise with you, and your treating doctor, and once you’re fit to travel they will make the appropriate alternative arrangements.

What happens if I need to travel home early due to illness?

The policy provides cover if you fall unwell and treatment isn’t available locally however first you should call our Emergency Assistance Facilities helpline for advice.

Am I covered if I miss my internal flight?

If your flight is delayed for more than 12 hours, you’ll be compensated for each complete period of travel up to a maximum of £200. Compensation will only be paid if personal possessions are checked in, and we will need to see details of the missed flight and scheduled departure time, so please keep a record.

Will I be covered if my money gets stolen?

Yes, we’ll cover up to £500 for loss or theft of your personal money during your trip however please be aware an excess may apply. Also, please remember this will not cover for financial loss suffered as a result of credit/debit card being stolen.

Who do I need to contact in a medical emergency?

In a serious emergency, first call the local ambulance service. You will then need to contact the Emergency Assistance Facilities service which is open 24 hours per day, seven days per week who will advise you what you need to do. We’d recommend you store the telephone number in your phone, just in case. It’s +44 (0)020 3901 1722.

Are there any countries not covered under the Long Stay Travel insurance policy?

We aren't able to cover for any countries that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advise against. You can check whether the country that you’re travelling to is listed on the government website's page on Foreign Travel Advice.