Motorhome Insurance

Take care of your home away from home with Towergate Insurance.

  • We offer cover for social, domestic and pleasure as well as commuting
  • Your no-claims bonus can be protected by getting in touch
  • Protection for self-converted motor-homes subject to relevant checks and an updated V5

Call the team to discuss your motorhome insurance

0344 892 1413
0344 892 1413

We’re here for you Mon - Fri 9am to 5pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Product under review

Our motorhome policy is temporarily under review and we are not currently providing new quotes. Don't worry if you're already with us though, this won't effect your policy.

We know your motorhome matters to you and that’s why it matters to us. We offer two levels of cover so let us know all the details about you and your motorhome and we’ll see to it you get the right cover for you

Public Liability Cover (Third Party Fire and Theft)

Public liability cover is included in both our third party fire and theft and our comprehensive covers. Damage is covered up to £20,000,000 in the event of damage to the property of, or injury to a third-party. This cover does not apply in the event of towing any caravan, trailer or broken down vehicle.

Windscreen and Windows (Comprehensive)

The glass parts of the motorhome are likely to be the most fragile. Repair or replacement of damaged windows or windscreen is included as standard on comprehensive policies. If the glass can be repaired rather than replaced, we will not charge an excess. Cover is limited to £600 per year and if you damage a glass sunroof, lights or reflector these are not covered.

Cover of up to £48,000 (Comprehensive)

With our comprehensive cover, your motorhome can be covered up to £48,000. If your motorhome is new registered within the last 12 months, we will cover it to be replaced as new up to this value, so you don’t lose out on your investment. If your motorhome has been registered more than 12 months ago it will be covered at its market value at the time of the loss. It’s worth having a look into your motorhomes current value each year so you can update your sums insured accordingly.

Personal Belongings (Comprehensive)

As part of your comprehensive motor home insurance policy, you have cover of up to £100 for personal belongings – and up to £3,500 in respect of camping equipment for which you can claim up to £200 per item, apart from gas bottles and awnings, which have no limit. This does not include property taken from an unlocked vehicle or property which has not been properly protected from loss or damage.

These are just some of the key features and exclusions, full details will be found in your policy wording. Show policy documents

Karl Scott

Karl Scott

Team Manager
“ I've been here at Towergate for four years, and as team manager, I'm dedicated to ensuring our customers receive a first class service and the right policy for their motorhome. My team and I have a wealth of insurance and motorhome knowledge. We aim to deal with all enquiries promptly and efficiently and should you need to make a new claim, you'll be supported by the claims team at LV who are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to register your claim as soon as it happens.”

Motorhome Insurance Claims

We want to get you back on the road as soon as possible. If you need to make a new claim you'll be supported by the claims team at LV. They are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to register your claim as soon as it happens.

All you need to do to get the ball rolling is call LV on 0800 028 9655.

It’s helpful if you can provide as much information as possible on the details of your claim, your policy number and where appropriate some photographic evidence.

Need to make a claim for windscreen damage?

Just call:

0800 678 1010

Motorhome Insurance Articles & Guides

We know more about motorhomes than just insurance, discover more in our leisure hub:

Static Campervan


VW Campervan vs. Airstream Caravan

VW Campervans and Airstream Caravans are both classics in their own right. Both have distinguished histories and have cropped up everywhere in pop culture over the years. Can you guess which one is owned by Pamela Anderson? What does the future hold for these iconic vehicles? Read on to find out.

Mobile Eateries


Caravans, combis and vans - mobile eateries are the kings of catering

The UK’s eating out sector is set to grow 2.2% in 2016 to a value of £56.3 billion by 2019 and no one is capitalising on that growth more than street food sellers and mobile catering companies. It’s estimated that street food is eaten by some 2.5 billion people each day, worldwide.

Autumn Children


October and half term activities

Just before the winter weather sets in, why not take some time to go and visit one of the many attractions right here on our doorsteps. The following is just the tip of the ice berg in terms of the sheer number of activities to get involved with over the coming month. With Halloween coming up and Autumn woods in all their golden finery, there’s plenty to see and do both inside and out.

Motorhome Insurance FAQs

Am I eligible for this Insurance?

Check the tick list below, if these match you and your car then you may qualify for a quote.
- You are between the age of 25 and 74
- The vehicle you wish to insure is registered and normally kept in Great Britain.
- You will be using it for social domestic, pleasure and commuting purposes only.
- The Motor Home is not more than 29m in length

My Motor Home has been converted. Can you cover this?

Yes. Provided you have an up to date V5 and have had all relevant gas safety checks, we can provide cover. We will even offer cover whilst it is being converted, so long as this does not take longer than 90 days. Just be sure to remember that damaged caused to your motorhome by the conversion itself we will not cover you.

How many people can I allow to drive my Motor Home?

Provided they are named on your Policy, you can have up to 3 additional drivers.

Can I take my Motor Home abroad?

Yes. You automatically receive 180 days European cover for the type of cover you have chosen; either third party, fire and theft or comprehensive cover.

Can I protect my No Claims Bonus?

Yes. Provided you have been five years claims free on your Motor Home Insurance, you will have the option to protect your No Claims.

Can I insure myself for Third Party Damage Only?

Unfortunately not, we can only offer Third Party, Fire and Theft cover and Comprehensive cover

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.

Stay up-to-date with our latest news and offers

Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter

Newsletter Terms and Conditions

By signing up to Towergate’s newsletter you are agreeing to receive quarterly email communications containing a range of news, top-tips, competitions and occasional offers for insurance products and/or services. Our newsletters are designed to keep you up to date with what we’re involved in, as well as other advice and content that we think you might find interesting.

Should you wish to unsubscribe please click here, or email with your details so we can carry out your request.