Park Home Insurance

New for old cover for your park home and its contents with accidental damage as standard

When it comes to residential park home insurance, our policies are packed with a range of excellent features including generous sums insured. We provide accidental damage cover and new for old replacement for your park home and its contents. We also offer premium discounts to members of many park home associations.

Beat your renewal by 5%

Call us today and we will beat your renewal price by 5%**.

This offer is only available when you call us. See terms and conditions.

**Offer available to new customers only. Not in conjunction with any other offer. 5% off the total renewal price, including fees & charges if applicable, from your current insurance provider, applies to like-for-like cover. Offer not available online or in conjunction with any other offer. Subject to: Minimum price of £100, sight of renewal notice within 14 days of inception and underwriting acceptance of Towergate scheme. Offer expires: 31/12/2015 but can be withdrawn at any time. Calls may be recorded.

0844 892 1413
01242 538 431 Mon - Fri 9am to 8pm, Sat 9am to 12pm
Get a quote Request a callback

Park home insurance features

  • Single unit homes insured for up to £250,000, contents up to £50,000

  • Double/twin unit homes insured for up to £500,000, contents up to £75,000

  • Accidental damage cover as standard

  • Wide ranging cover including fire, storm, flood and theft

  • 'New for old' replacement for life on everything including clothing and household linen

  • Up to £5 million property owners' liability cover

  • Park home legal advice and expenses - including certain disputes with park owners

  • Unlimited cover for freezer contents

  • Cover for garden landscaping and plants up to £750

  • Up to £500 cover for replacing locks if your keys are lost or stolen

  • Generous temporary alternative accommodation cover up to £30,000

  • 24-hour Homecare Emergency Assistance including up to £500 for call out costs

  • Minimal policy excesses

  • Automatic membership to the Park Home Owners' Club -

  • Premium discounts for those aged 60 and over, Goldshield warranty holders and members of IPHAS, NAPHR, NPHOC and PHRAA

Prefer to spread the cost of your policy?

Paying by direct debit is an affordable and convenient way to pay for your policy. Through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL)*, you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments.

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

*To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our Regulatory Information.


Park home insurance exclusions

  • Malicious loss or damage caused by persons lawfully in the home

  • Frost and water damage when your home is unoccupied for more than 30 days

  • Damage caused by domestic pets and vermin

  • Theft of contents temporarily removed from the home, unless involving forcible and violent exit or entry

  • The first £500 of any claim for subsidence damage

  • Storm damage to hedges, gates and fences

  • Damage to contact or corneal lenses

  • Theft when your home is unoccupied for more than 30 days unless involving forcible and violent entry to or exit from the home

These are just some of the key exclusions/limitations, full details will be found in policy wordings.


Park home insurance FAQs

How much should I insure my park home for?

Our policy provides cover on a replacement as new basis. This means that in the unlikely event of a total loss we will replace the home with its brand new equivalent and include the associated costs of site clearance, re-siting and delivery. It can be very difficult to ascertain exactly what it would cost to replace your home which can lead to uncertainty and possibly under insurance. For this reason our 'Insurance for your Park Home' policy automatically includes reassuringly high sums insured of up to £250,000 for single unit homes and £500,000 for double units. These generous sums insured should ensure that your home remains fully insured at all times.

Can I insure my home contents and personal possessions?

Yes our policy has the option for you to insure your contents and personal possessions, both in the home and away from it. Cover is on a new for old basis, including clothing and household linen, therefore the sum insured should reflect the cost to replace everything as new without deduction for age, wear and tear. It can be difficult to work out what the sum insured should be so our 'Insurance for your Park Home' policy automatically includes a generous sum insured of up to £50,000 for single units and £75,000 for double units. We hope that these amounts will be more than adequate.

Should you want to insure certain items away from home, usually items which are worn or carried on or about the person such as jewellery, clothing, cameras and sports equipment then the policy can be extended. Such items will then be insured against loss or damage anywhere in the world.

What happens if I am unable to live in the home due to a fire or flood for example?

Unfortunately park homes, like any other home, can be rendered uninhabitable following, for example, a fire or flood. In such circumstances it may be many months before repairs can be completed or the home replaced. In these instances the policy covers the costs of reasonable temporary alternative accommodation up to a limit of £30,000. Also included within this limit is the loss of rent which remains payable by you to the site owner and emergency kennelling of your domestic pets.

Do I need to insure the base and outbuildings?

The base is owned by the site owner to whom you pay a ground rent for the right to occupy the pitch. It is therefore the responsibility of the site owner to insure the base against, for example, subsidence. You are, however, responsible for insuring what you own which would include outbuildings such as sheds, garages, steps and decking.

Is there any cover in the event of an emergency, for example, the failure of my central heating?

Yes, your policy includes 24 hour Homecare Emergency Assistance cover which is provided by Europ Assistance. In the event of certain emergency situations an approved contractor will come to your home, assess the situation and carry out emergency repairs up to a maximum of £500.

Emergencies would include, for example, burst pipes likely to cause damage to your home or contents; a break in or vandalism which compromises the security of your home; the failure of mains services for which you are responsible; the removal of wasps nests; and the total failure of the central heating system in adverse weather conditions which is likely to result in unreasonable discomfort or frost damage to the home.

Am I insured for injury to persons visiting my home?

Yes, your policy includes a £5m indemnity protection in respect of injury to the public or damage to property arising from your ownership of the home. This could include, for example, injury to the postman if he trips and falls on your badly maintained steps, or damage to a parked car from tiles falling from your poorly maintained roof.

What happens if I have a legal dispute with the park owner?

The policy includes cover for legal expenses and advice. It is underwritten by Abbey Legal, however park home specific disputes are handled by park home legal experts Park Home Legal Services. This extends to both advice and to representing you at a Residential Property Tribunal or in Court.

Disputes covered include those involving your rights to use and occupy your protected park home; your rights to quiet enjoyment of your park home, pitch, services and facilities as provided by the site owner; site maintenance; annual pitch fees, provided you have owned the home for 12 months; the exercising of your right to sell - provided this commences at least 6 months after the purchase of the insurance. The limit for any one claim is £25,000 and the decision whether or not to accept a claim will be made by the underwriter.

Is my garden covered?

Yes, if your garden is damaged by certain perils such as explosion, theft, vandalism or road vehicles, the policy will pay up to £750 for re-landscaping but not more than £250 for any one tree, shrub or plant.

Where can I find more information about monthly Direct Debit?

If you want to know more about our monthly payment option, please read our dedicated page on Direct Debit.


Park home insurance claims promise

Our claims team

All claims are handled in-house from our offices in Cheltenham. Should the worst happen you will have the benefit of talking to our park home claims experts.

Our dedicated, sympathetic and experienced claims team are available from Monday to Friday.

Your park home insurance claim

Simply call using the number provided in your policy documents. We will talk you through the details of your claim and advise you of the next steps in the process. We will continue to guide you through from notification through to settlement.

We are proud of our claims service. We are committed to reacting quickly and to keeping your claim moving forward.

In line with our service pledge, we will act within 24 hours of being notified of your claim and within five days if you provide us with new information on an existing claim.

Most importantly, when your claim is settled we will ensure speedy payment by BACS straight in to your bank account.

If you wish to raise a complaint

Please email us directly at: stating your policy number and type (i.e. Park home) within the subject line and we will respond to you as soon as possible.


Park home insurance documents

Policy Summary [pdf, 314 KB] Policy Wording [pdf, 2810 KB] Park Home Insurance Explained [pdf, 557 KB]
Customer Reviews (640)

Customers rate our service at 91%

Based on 640 independent customer reviews.

DateProductScoreCustomer Comment

Holiday Home Insurance (New Policy Holder)


Very helpful assistant and very good value insurance. Thanks.

Park Home Insurance (Renewal)


Nothing has changed over the past year reflected in no necessity to contact you

Holiday Home Insurance (New Policy Holder)


I found my inquiry re my renewal for insurance was dealt with promptly and it was good to be able to speak to someone who was able to deal with my queries

Park Home Insurance (Renewal)


Excellent, knowledgeable and friendly staff

Park Home Insurance (Renewal)


Dealings very efficient and curteous

Unoccupied Insurance (New Policy Holder)


Good cover and price

Unoccupied Insurance (New Policy Holder)


Quick revery happy with service.sponse,

Park Home Insurance (Renewal)


Always very helpful.

Unoccupied Insurance (New Policy Holder)


Provided the Insurance I needed.

Holiday Home Insurance (Renewal)


Great service, thanks.

View all reviews >>

0844 892 1413
01242 538 431 Mon - Fri 9am to 8pm, Sat 9am to 12pm
Get a quote Request a callback
Feefo logo

Request a callback

I’d like you to beat my renewal price

Full name   Contact number     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.