Landlords insurance

Get a quote

Whether you have a rental portfolio or just one property to let, our landlord insurance buildings cover includes the option to insure your content too

Our landlord insurance policy will cover properties let to professionals, students and DSS tenants, and whichever policy you choose, property owner's liability cover is standard. Plus, if you let your property out furnished, with some of our insurers, contents insurance is included at no extra charge.

Read more

Here to help

For a quote or insurance advice call:

0844 346 0409

01883 724013

Weekdays 8:30am - 6pm

Request a callback Email us

Landlords insurance features

  • Properties let to professionals, students and DSS accepted

  • Includes private lets or lets through an agent, providing you have final vetting of the tenants

  • Option to add reimbursement of rent in the event of an insured risk, such as fire

  • Alternative accommodation should the property become uninhabitable with some insurers

  • Cover for your buildings and contents during periods of vacancy, such as in between tenancy agreements, upon referral to us

  • Option to insure against accidental damage caused by tenants

  • Discounts available for no claims

Landlords insurance exclusions

  • Damage by wet or dry rot

  • Cover may be restricted when your property is unoccupied

  • Damage due to a fault or limit of design, manufacture or installation. In particular there is no cover for damage to underground services that do not work because they are worn out

  • The cost of replacing any undamaged items, which form part of a set, suite or item of a uniform nature

  • Loss or damage to your buildings from any cause not listed in the policy booklet - but wider cover is available with the accidental damage option

  • An excess will apply to all claims, which will vary insurer to insurer and will be detailed in your policy booklet

These are just some of the key exclusions/limitations, full details will be found in policy wordings.

Landlords insurance FAQs

  • What cover do I need to arrange on behalf of my tenants?

  • You need to ensure you have building cover in place. If you are renting out your property furnished, you should consider getting contents insurance.

  • Can Towergate Insurance arrange immediate cover?

  • Yes. You can either speak to one of our specialist advisors on 0844 892 6218 or purchase online.

  • What happens to my tenants if my property becomes uninhabitable?

  • We will cover the cost of alternative accommodation for up to 20 percent of the sum insured.

  • Can Towergate Insurance insure my portfolio of properties?

  • Yes, we can. There is no limit to the number of properties we can insure per landlord. The more properties you insure with us, the more of a discount we can provide.

  • Can I have accidental damage cover?

  • Yes. Whether your property is professionally managed or not we can add this on to your policy as an optional extra.

  • Do you provide property owners liability insurance?

  • Property owners liability insurance comes as standard as part of your buildings cover. If you require contents only cover this will need to be an add-on to the policy. Call our sales team on 0844 892 6218 for more information.

  • What do I do if I need to cancel my cover?

  • You are entitled to a full refund of the premium paid if you find the policy unsuitable for your needs and cancel it within 14 days of receipt of your policy documents (as long as no claims have been made). If you need to cancel your cover you will be charged relevant administration costs for setting up the policy. Please call us or notify us in writing with the reason for cancellation and state the date from which you need cover to cease. Remember, if your policy is in more than one name, all policyholders will need to sign the letter. If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact the customer services team on 0844 892 6218.

Landlords insurance claims promise

With Towergate you can be confident that, should the worst happen, your claim will be handled by a dedicated claims team offering the exemplary, fast and efficient service that we expect from our own teams and from our partners.

Simply contact the landlord claims team using the details within your policy documents, or call us on 0844 892 1384 and we will put you through to the claims team. They will talk with you about your claim, guiding you through your next steps and taking you through the process.

Furthermore if you feel you need additional support or if you have concerns about the progression of your claim, our in house team are always on hand to help.

0844 346 0409

01883 724013

Weekdays 8:30am - 6pm

Get a quote

Call me back

For insurance advice

Full name   Contact number    

Please note: This service operates only during office hours.