Landlord Home Emergency Cover

Landlord home emergency insurance can be added to your existing landlord policy for just £59.99 (inclusive of 12% Insurance Premium Tax), and covers emergencies such as leaking and burst pipes, complete failure of gas boilers, central heating systems and main services, and pest infestations.

0344 892 1664

Mon-Thu 8.30am-5.30pm, Fri 8:30am-5pm

Request a callback

About Landlord Home Emergency Cover


Emergency response for lost keys

Emergency help if you have lost your property keys


Emergency response for external doors, windows or locks

Emergency response for damage or failure of external doors, windows or locks posing a security risk to the property



24-hour helpline

Access to a 24-hour helpline


Tradespeople available through our network

Access to a network of reliable UK tradespeople.

Features of Landlord Home Emergency Cover

Standard cover

24-hour helpline for home emergencies

With landlord home emergency cover, you and your tenants have direct access to the 24/7 helpline where our team will arrange a rapid call out with one of the quality approved suppliers. This means that the problem is fixed quickly and you meet your responsibility as a landlord to take care of tenants’ home emergencies! The policy covers you for costs up to £500 per claim, and there is no excess to pay.

Instant help with home emergencies

As a landlord you can’t always be on hand when things go wrong at your property, but you want to be able act quickly if the unexpected happens such as a plumbing disaster or the electricity fails. To make sure you limit the damage to your property and ensure your tenants feel safe and comfortable can mean emergency call out costs costing hundreds of pounds, but our cover is here to protect you financially.

Emergency cover for pipes, boilers, heating systems, security and pests

One policy covering leaking and burst pipes, complete failure of gas boilers, central heating systems and main services. We also offer cover for lost keys and damage or failure of external doors, windows or locks posing a security risk to the property, as well as removal of pest infestations.

Take the hassle out of home emergency insurance

If you don’t want to be the one sorting out the domestic disasters for your tenants 24/7, a home emergency policy really can take the hassle out of home emergencies. By adding landlord home emergency cover to your landlords insurance policy, you can get happy, confident tenants, peace of mind - and a peaceful landlord life.

Landlord Home Emergency Insurance FAQs


What is landlord home emergency insurance?


Landlord home emergency cover is essentially landlord boiler breakdown insurance, but it covers other domestic emergencies too – for example, blocked drains, or pest infestations. It provides help 24/7 from a qualified contractor arranged for you if a sudden unexpected event causes damage to your rented property, makes it unsafe or unsecure to stay in or creates a health risk to your tenant(s).


What is a home emergency and what is covered?


A home emergency is classed as 'a serious, unexpected and often dangerous situation within the property that requires immediate action.' Landlord home emergency cover provides you and your tenants for assistance with:

  • Loss of power supply
  • Plumbing emergencies
  • Blocked/leaking drains, sinks, baths, shower wastes
  • Routine plumbing and drainage repairs
  • External water supply pipe repairs
  • Household emergencies
  • Heating system/hot water breakdowns
  • Radiators and pipework repair
  • Lost keys
  • Vermin infestations
  • Alternative accommodation costs

A limit of £500 per landlord emergency cover insurance claim applies.


Can my tenants contact me directly with urgent issues?


Yes, your tenants can call us directly. All they need to provide is the policy number (make sure that you provide this to them) and the address they live at.


Can I buy landlord home emergency cover as a stand alone or is it just part of a buildings insurance policy?


No, landlord emergency cover insurance cannot be bought in isolation but it is an add-on you can choose when you buy a landlords insurance policy. You can also add it to an existing landlords policy midterm; you don’t have to wait until renewal.


I have more than one property, can I add landlord home emergency cover to them all?


Yes, landlord home emergency cover can be added to all your policies at a cost of £59.99 (including IPT of 12%) per property.


How much does landlord home emergency cover cost?


Landlord home emergency cover costs £59.99 (including IPT of 12%) for a year. We will pay up to £500 per claim in total and cover:

  • Contractor’s call-out fee
  • Labour costs
  • Parts and repair materials
  • Cost of alternative accommodation up to £250


What does landlord home emergency cover exclude?


It's important to be aware of the limitations of home emergency cover. Home emergency insurance will only patch-up the emergency – for instance boarding up and securing a broken window. To get a replacement you might have to claim on your general landlords’ insurance policy.

Home emergency insurance will also only kick-in for real emergencies. General wear and tear, or events which aren’t causing your property ongoing damage or your tenants immediate issues, won’t be counted.

As with all insurance policies, it’s important to read the small print of what you’re getting, and all the inclusions and exclusions. There’s no point getting a home emergency policy on your 20-year-old boiler if the terms and conditions state the boiler needs to be less than 15 years old.

Note our policies exclude holiday homes, houses of multiple occupation and roof damage to any insured property.



Is landlord home emergency insurance a legal requirement?


No, landlords aren’t required to have home emergency insurance. It can, however, come in useful for landlords who manage their own properties but can’t be hands-on. So, if you live far away from some of your rental properties, don’t have any trusted tradesmen on speed dial, or simply don’t want to be the person sorting out a plumber at 3am - it could be a useful cover for you. It’s could also be a financially savvy option if your business can’t cover large, unexpected expenses, but can cover a smaller monthly fee.


Can I pay in instalments?


To help you spread the cost of your landlord insurance premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0330 102 6755 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim