Business Premises Insurance

Tailored business premises insurance

  • Business premises insurance can combine buildings cover, manufacturing, stock and goods-in-transit protection all under one policy.
  • It can also meet your needs for public, product and employers' liability.
  • UK-based support 

Call us on 03308 220 908 or get a quote online.

A shield with a tick inside it on a big translucent blue circle
Two men walking and talking outside an office block
If you need additional assistance arranging your insurance, find out how our teams can support

One of the UK's leading independent insurance brokers

Flexibility (1)

Easily compare quotes

From our panel of trusted brands

Trusted brand icon

Overall service rating 4.6 / 5

Based on 4331 customer reviews

Feefo Logo

Why choose business premises insurance with Towergate?

Two tower blocks

Tailored business premises insurance

Build your own bespoke insurance policy suited to your organisation type and location.


Flexible stock limits for businesses

Adaptable limits for stock to cover seasonal increases for busy times of the year.


Worldwide product liability cover

Product liability cover can be extended to cover the goods that you sell worldwide, as well as covering imported goods including those from China.

Direct Debit icon

Pay by Direct Debit

You can choose to split your payment into 10 monthly instalments. Please read our dedicated page on Direct Debit.

About business premises insurance


Buildings cover for your commercial premises

We can provide a range of buildings cover to suit any type and size of business premises available to you. This will protect you for escape of water, accidental damage, fire and more (see your policy document for full details). Cover can also be extended to include malicious damage, subsidence and damage cause by theft.


Employers' liability cover

If you employ staff, employers' liability is a legal requirement. We can include this in your business premises policy, therefore covering you for all safety-related incidents and accidents on site, including employees use of tools and equipment (for example forklift trucks) where you are alleged to be at fault.


Public liability cover for your business premises

Each business premises is different, but for many public liability insurance is essential. This provides cover for claims against you from third parties who have been injured or had their property damaged on your business premises due to negligence. We can offer flexible limits to suit your needs, from large businesses, to smaller businesses premises with less interaction with the public.


Contents, stock and goods-in-transit cover

We can insure any items within your business premises which are removable, such as furniture, machinery, plant and computer equipment, as contents on a new-for-old replacement basis. If your premises hold’s stock, we can provide cover on the premises and as well as when the goods are in transit. We also offer flexible limits for stock to cater for busy times of the year.

When you need to make a claim, we'll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.

  • Find your insurance documents and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number.
  • Call the claims team on 0344 892 1384 and explain exactly what happened.
  • Provide photos if requested to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can.
Smiling women sitting on a rug on a parquet floor leaning on a sofa looking at her mobile

Ready to get covered?

  • Fill in our online quote form or call us
  • Select your insurer and price
  • Relax - You're covered!
Get a Quote

Business premises insurance FAQs

No. Our business premises insurance can be designed to be as large or as small as you need for your business, to avoid you paying more than you need to for your cover.

We offer business interruption cover to recompense loss of profit you incur if you have to close your business premises to deal with the issues caused by an insured  incident, such as a break in, burst pipe, fire, etc. This includes money for setting up temporary premises to continue trading.

Check your policy document for details of which incidents you are covered for.

We can offer three months of 'seasonal' cover, where you can increase your stock by an agreed percentage above your standard insurance limit. This means that during busy times of the year, such as Christmas and Easter, you do not need to amend your policy limits to cater for extra stock. If you want to add this cover, just speak to your adviser.

Yes, by arranging an all risks extension to your package. This will cover items taken away from your business premises e.g. laptops and other equipment when being taken to external meetings.

Yes, we can add this cover to your business premises policy, although there may be terms on how you should store cash so as to minimise risk. Talk to your adviser for details.

Yes, you will need home business insurance, including cover for our business equipment, as this is not normally included in standard home insurance. You will also need to cover your public and employers’ liabilities for your activities as these are usually excluded under home insurance policies.

To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

If you would like to know more about our monthly payment option, please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page.

Read more FAQs

Business premises insurance articles and guides

Commercial Property: The Rebuild Cost

This article will look at calculating the rebuild cost of commercial property for homeowners and landlords looking for property insurance.

Read more

What is Commercial Landlord Insurance?

Find out exactly what commercial landlord insurance is and why it's vital cover for anyone renting out to a third-party business in our useful video.

Read more