Dental Laboratory Insurance

Dental Laboratory Insurance

Specialist insurance cover for dental laboratories and dental practices across the UK.

About Dental Laboratory Insurance


Legal protection for your dental laboratory

Our cover includes legal protection for dental laboratory employees in the event of a GDC council investigation.


Dental laboratory insurance policy benefits

Your cover includes free access to Towergate Risk Support, an online health and safety and HR support portal which includes 13 accredited e-learning modules


Equipment breakdown cover

Electrical and mechanical equipment breakdown is covered as standard under our dental laboratory policy. 


In-house claims team

Claims of up to £5k are handled by our dedicated in-house claims team.

Features of Dental Laboratory Insurance

Standard cover

Free access to online risk support

Towergate Online Risk Support is available on all Dental Laboratory policies to help make sure that your business complies with health and safety and HR obligations, while minimising risk of claims or disputes. This free service can help to provide information, downloadable policies, procedures and documentation as well as to keep you up to date with relevant news and legislation.

Accurate valuations of your dental laboratory

Through our trusted partner CPA, we can offer free desktop indicative reviews as to whether the amount you have valued your dental lab at is adequate. Should this indication suggest over or underinsurance, we can help you to arrange a full, on-site valuation with a previously agreed price.

Dedicated, expert service

At Towergate, we have in-house advisers who are trained to recognise and understand issues that can and may occur in your dental laboratory. If you ever have any questions or queries regarding your policy, we have the knowledge to assist. Our claims team and underwriters all work in the same office as our advisers meaning anything from a claim to a change in circumstance can be dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Electrical and mechanical equipment breakdown

Electrical and mechanical equipment breakdown is covered as standard under our dental laboratory policy. We provide cover for any loss as a direct result of an accident to machinery or plant and includes cover for cabinet contents up to a maximum of £5,000 per claim and cover for reinstating data lost or damaged as a consequence of an accident to computer equipment.

Dental Laboratory FAQs


Does your dental laboratory insurance cover my professional indemnity?


We do not automatically cover your professional indemnity. However, we do offer professional indemnity insurance separately and can provide you the cover you require all during the same phone call and quote.


What do I do if something happens outside of office hours?


All of our customers have access to a 24 hour emergency helpline. This phone line is active should there be an emergency and an adviser can help you source professional trades people at short notice.


If I were to lose the keys to my lab - and had to replace all of the locks - would I be able to claim some of this back on the policy, like I can on my home insurance?


Yes. Should you lose the keys to your dental lab and need to replace locks, our policy provides loss of keys cover up to £3,500 to replace your locks. This is not only for if you lose your keys, but also if they are stolen from the laboratory itself, or from the home of any employee or owner authorised to hold the keys. However, please note that keys to any safe or strong room must never be left at the laboratory overnight.


What do you mean by 'minimum standard of security' on my policy?


To provide theft cover your insurer will require a minimum level of security on your premises. This will include, for example:

  • Five lever mortice deadlocks complying with British Standard 3621 on all final exit doors.
  • Key operated window locks to be fitted on all ground floor and accessible opening windows.


Can I pay for my dental laboratory insurance policy in instalments?


If you would prefer to spread the cost of your policy you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0330 123 5921 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim