Landlord Contents Insurance

Specialist landlord contents cover for your commercial property

  • Includes furniture, fixtures and fittings.
  • This must be combined with your buildings insurance and purchased as one landlords policy.
  • Access your quotes, policies and renewals in your online account

Call us on 0344 892 1664 or get a quote online

A shield with a tick inside it on a big translucent blue circle
Exposed brick industrial kitchen with an wooden topped island and exposed shelving below and a solid wooden a dining table to the left
If you need additional assistance arranging your insurance, find out how our teams can support

One of the UK's leading independent insurance brokers

Flexibility (1)

Easily compare quotes

From our panel of trusted brands

Trusted brand icon

Overall service rating 4.6 / 5

Based on 4407 customer reviews

Feefo Logo

Why choose landlord contents insurance with Towergate?

Two tower blocks

Contents insurance for multiple premises

Cover suitable for both single properties and a portfolio.

Circle with a pound sign in the center and rays around it

Accidental damage protection for contents

Accidental damage cover can be arranged for landlord’s contents. Often cover is standard for contents in communal areas.

Paper with lines and ring binder along top

Professional landlord contents insurance claim assistance

Expert advice to help you with claims you face.

Direct Debit icon

Pay landlord cover by Direct Debit

Choose to spread your payment into 10 monthly Direct Debit instalments.

About landlord contents insurance

Specialist landlord contents cover for your commercial property includes cover for your furniture, fixtures and fittings.

Watch our video to find out what protection landlord contents insurance offers.

Do landlords need landlord contents insurance?

The contents of a property includes anything that would roll around were you to turn the property upside down. This means that if you rent a genuinely empty house with no fixtures, furniture, appliances or personal items, you may not need landlord's contents insurance at all.

If however you provide some contents then you will want to insure them. The cost of a few pieces of furniture, curtains, and kitchen appliances can quickly add up should the need arise to replace them all in one go. 

What does landlord insurance cover?

The standard perils landlord insurance covers you for are the same as standard home insurance. They are things like fire, floods, escape of water, subsidence etc. The differences can be things like loss of keys, loss of rent, conditions on leaving it unoccupied, etc. Our online quote system or adviser will be able to discuss your requirements and find something that suits your needs exactly.

Accidental Damage

Accidental and malicious damage cover for contents

Our landlord contents insurance can include accidental and malicious damage cover.


Flexible limits of contents to suit your needs

We can offer flexible contents cover tailored for your requirements meaning you can choose the level of cover to meet your needs, whatever the value of the contents of your properties.


Property owners' contents liability cover

Property owners' liability insurance can be included as part of our contents insurance offering. This covers you for damage done by contents to a third party (e.g. tenants), from accidents such as furniture falling over or water tanks bursting. It is available as standard or at no additional cost (depending on your policy).


Loss of rent cover

You can claim for loss of rent if your building is uninhabitable due to an insured damage to landlords contents and buildings. We offer options of up to 36 months loss of rent. This can be included as part of your landlord buildings policy.

When you need to make a claim, we'll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.

  • Find your insurance documents and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number.
  • Call the claims team on 0344 892 1384 and explain exactly what happened.
  • Provide photos if requested to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can.
Smiling women sitting on a rug on a parquet floor leaning on a sofa looking at her mobile

Ready to get covered?

  • Fill in our online quote form or call us
  • Select your insurer and price
  • Relax - You're covered!
Get a Quote

Landlord contents insurance FAQs

If you rent a genuinely empty house with no fixtures, furniture, appliances or personal items, you may not need landlord's contents insurance at all.

Yes, we can cover accidental loss of keys or where there is reasonable evidence that the keys have been copied by an unauthorised person. We can also cover the replacement of locks and damage from an emergency access.

Say your tenants vacate your property and keep a set of keys, or whilst unoccupied you lose the master set. Replacing the locks and keys, or worse, having to break in due to an emergency while you have lost your keys, can cost a considerable amount. We can offer peace of mind knowing these easy accidents can be covered by your landlord contents insurance.

Yes, we specialise in finding insurance policies for landlords with multiple properties. In fact, if you have between 1 and 50 properties we can often find you discounts on the premiums.

We can also include any new properties on a pro-rata additional premium basis, allowing you to keep the same renewal date for all your properties insured under one policies.

We can provide cover for a wide range of tenant types. So, if for example, that student party gets a bit out of hand and a window gets accidentally broken, you’ll be covered under the accidental damage section of your policy (if you’ve asked for that to be included in your policy).

We can provide malicious damage insurance. This doesn’t necessarily come as standard on all policies from our panel of insurers so make sure you ask us for it when you call us or get a quote online.

With malicious damage cover in place, if a tenant damages your building or your contents, you’ll be able to claim and we’ll do our best to recover the cost of the damage caused. So if a tenant spray paints your walls or slashes your sofas, we’ll sort it for you.

To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

If you would like to know more about our monthly payment option, please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page.

If you would like to know more about our monthly payment option, please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page.

Read more FAQs

Landlord insurance articles and guides

A Landlord’s Guide to Paying Tax on Rental Income

This guide explains how to calculate your rental income and how to declare it to HMRC, with some helpful tax advice for landlords.

Read more

Character Reference Template for Landlords

As a landlord, you may sometimes have to provide past tenants with character references. Download our template letter and tips on what to write.

Read more

Costs of Being a Landlord

Whilst letting property can be a great way to make money there are still many costs associated with being a landlord.

Read more

Landlord Responsibilities

What responsibilities does a landlord have? Understand your duties as a landlord from health and safety to legal requirements.

Read more