Agricultural Vehicle Insurance

Flexible cover for commercial farm and agricultural vehicles. Protection for tractors, ATVs and quads, RTVs, cars and more under a multi vehicle policy, whether you farm livestock or arable land.

About Agricultural Vehicle Insurance


Flexible agricultural vehicle cover

Three levels of cover within our policies, to suit your requirements.


Protection for multiple vehicles

Covers most types of farm vehicles under one policy.


Liability cover as standard

Agricultural vehicle insurance includes liability cover to third parties.

Direct Debit

Discounts available

Discounts for safe drivers, multi-vehicle policies and security systems.

Features of Agricultural Vehicle Insurance

Standard cover

Discounts and special rates available

As our agricultural vehicle insurance policy is designed to reward safe drivers and workers, we offer discounts and special rates depending on your circumstances. These include discounts on multi-vehicle policies and security systems. For more information on discounts, please speak to an adviser.

Cover for multiple agricultural vehicles

Our agricultural vehicle insurance policy can cover multiple farm vehicles under one policy and some providers offer multi-sectional discounts. If you own other vehicles, such as private cars, commercial vehicles, ATV and quad bikes, it may be possible to include these within your agricultural vehicle policy.

Cover for trailers and other trailed machinery

Cover will automatically apply to trailers - including horseboxes, trailed implements and other attachments - against accidental damage and theft. These items will also be covered when they are detached from a vehicle. Many policies will have an inner limit, so it is important to check with an adviser that you are adequately covered.

Liability cover included as standard

Our agricultural vehicle insurance includes liability cover to third parties across different vehicle types. It also covers legal costs, giving you peace of mind.

Agricultural Vehicle Insurance FAQs


Can you cover multiple agricultural vehicles?


Yes. We can provide cover for agricultural vehicles, commercial vehicles, and private vehicles. This means you will be able to cover most of your farm vehicles under a single policy, which will not only cut down on paperwork, but may also be more straightforward when it comes to renewals.


I use a quad bike to get around. Will my insurance cover this?


Quad bikes and ATVs can also be covered under our agricultural vehicle insurance.


What levels of cover does your agricultural vehicle insurance offer?


There are three levels of cover within our policies. Comprehensive, third party, fire and theft, and third party only. You can choose one to suit your requirements.


Can you cover agricultural contractors?


Yes, it is possible to extend your agricultural vehicle insurance to also cover agricultural contractors. Just speak to your adviser to let them know that you require this cover.


Are there any exclusions on my agricultural vehicle insurance policy?


Full terms and conditions are available on request from your Towergate advisor, and in your policy documents.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 01823 625503 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim