Professional Consultants Insurance

Bespoke professional consultants insurance policies. Includes cover for civil liability claims, solicitors’ fees and complaints of misconduct.

0330 123 5810

Weekdays 8:30am - 5.30pm

Request a callback

About Professional Consultants Insurance


Civil liability claims

Our professional consultants insurance covers against civil liability claims.


Solicitor fees cover

Solicitors fees in a defence case included in our professional consultants insurance policies.


Complaints cover

Includes cover for any complaints of misconduct against the insured.

Direct Debit

Pay by Direct Debit

You can split your professional consultants insurance payment into instalments.

Features of Professional Consultants Insurance

Standard cover

Civil liability claim cover

Our professional consultants insurance covers claims for professional indemnity, public liability, products liability, and libel and slander. The policies we offer cover you to work anywhere in the world, excluding the US and Canada, so you can be safe in the knowledge that you are protected wherever your business takes you.

Up-to-date cover for any industry

We offer tailored professional consultants insurance policies dependant on your professional risk and need. Our up-to-date cover for marketing consultants includes cover for digital work, including social media.

Retrospective indemnity cover

Professional indemnity cover is applied retrospectively for any professional work undertaken prior to the start of the policy. So, even if a historic case is brought forward, you will be covered by our professional consultants insurance.

Professional consultants insurance extras

We can tailor our professional consultants insurance to suit you. If you work from home, we can provide specialist home insurance, and if you have employees, we can include employer’s liability insurance to protect you and your staff. We also offer discounts for members of professional bodies.

Professional Consultants Insurance FAQs


Do I need loss of income insurance? Is this covered?


We do offer loss of income and business interruption insurance as well as various other business insurances, but not as part of this professional consultants insurance package. If you require any of these covers, we can provide them via our business insurance department. One of our advisers will be able to assist you with this.


How do I know how much public liability cover I need?


As every profession is open to different risks and claims are unforeseeable events, it's not possible for us to safely recommend any specific level of cover. Our main advice at this point is to select the highest amount of cover you can reasonably afford. We can, however, offer full flexibility on your professional consultants insurance policy, meaning that if you need to raise or lower the level of cover at any time, we can accommodate this easily. Some organisations require their members to have a certain level of cover, so it may be worth checking if you are a member of a professional body.


Do I still need insurance after I stop practising?


You may want to consider run-off cover to provisionally cover you against any claim taken against you for work done whilst you were practising. Our advisers will be able to set this up for you at the end of your policy.


I'm training as a therapist. Do I need professional consultants insurance?


Depending on what you are studying and if you are practising, you may want to protect yourself against claims. As everyone's situation is different and claims are unforeseeable, we can’t advise either way. However, we would suggest that even though liability and indemnity insurances are not legal requirements, you should not leave yourself vulnerable if you think you could be open to a civil liability claim against you.


Is my stock and equipment covered?


This professional consultants insurance policy is designed to cover the practitioner, not a business or property. If you require these extra covers, we can simply provide the extra cover at the same time with a business or home insurance policy that can provide the relevant cover for your stock, cash, premises, etc.


Can I pay in instalments?


To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0330 123 5921 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim