Tractor Insurance

Flexible insurance for private, commercial and agricultural vehicles from our sister company Walker Midgley.

  • Different levels of tractor cover for a range of farms and contractors
  • Discounts available for multi vehicle policies and security systems
  • UK-based support 

Call us on 0114 250 2770 or get a quote online.

A shield with a tick inside it on a big translucent blue circle
A tractor ploughing a field of soil with a backdrop of a low sun and yellow pinkish sky
If you need additional assistance arranging your insurance, find out how our teams can support

One of the UK's leading independent insurance brokers

Trusted brand icon

Overall service rating 4.6 / 5

Based on 4321 customer reviews

Feefo Logo

Why choose tractor insurance with Towergate?


Different levels of tractor cover

Our tractor insurance policy is flexible to suit your needs


Diverse tractor insurance options

Designed for a range of farms, contractors and agricultural vehicles


Liability cover as standard

Cover to third parties across the different vehicle types


Discounts and special rates available

Discounts for safe drivers, multi vehicle policies and security systems

About tractor insurance


Cover for multiple vehicles

Our tractor insurance policy is flexible to suit your needs and can cover private cars, commercial vehicles and agricultural vehicles. This allows you to protect your vehicles under a single policy and some providers give multi-sectional discounts. We are also able to provide cover for ATV and quad bikes.


Trailers and trailed implements

Under a comprehensive policy, cover will automatically apply to trailers, including horseboxes, trailed implements and other attachments, against accidental damage and theft. This extends to cover items when they are detached from the vehicle too. Many policies will have an inner limit, so it is important to check you are adequately covered.


Tractor insurance liability cover

Our tractor insurance includes liability cover to third parties across the different vehicle types, as well as legal costs. This can help to take the stress out of a claim and give you greater peace of mind.


Discounts and special rates available

Our tractor insurance policy is designed to reward safe drivers and workers; therefore, we can offer some discounts and special rates depending on your circumstances. This includes discounts on multi vehicle policies and different security systems. For more information on discounts, speak to an adviser.

When you need to make a claim, we'll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.

  • Find your insurance documents and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number.
  • Call the claims team on 01142 502 770 and explain exactly what happened
  • Provide photos if requested to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can
Smiling women sitting on a rug on a parquet floor leaning on a sofa looking at her mobile

Ready to get covered?

  • Fill in our online quote form or call us
  • Purchase your policy
  • Relax - You're covered!
Get a Quote

Tractor insurance FAQs

Yes. We can provide cover for agricultural vehicles, commercial vehicles and private vehicles. This means you would be able to cover all your vehicles under a single policy which will not only cut down on paperwork but may also be more straightforward when it comes to renewals.

We are able to cover quad bikes and ATVs under our tractor insurance.

There are three levels of cover within our policies. Comprehensive, third party, fire and theft, and third party only. You can choose one to suit your requirements.

Yes, it is possible to extend your tractor insurance to cover agricultural contractors. Just speak to your adviser to let them know you require this cover.

If you would prefer to spread the cost of your tractor insurance policy, you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

Commercial vehicle insurance articles and guides

12 Tips to Tackle Vehicle Rental Crime

Doing all you can to keep your rental fleet secure is vital. We've put together 12 tips to help you tackle vehicle rental crime.

Read more

Reduce the Risk: Occupational Road Safety for Your Vehicles

Learn how to create the right occupational road safety culture to ensure your fleet stays on the road - and reduce your transport insurance costs at the same time.

Read more

Vehicle Safety Features to Reduce Your Insurance Costs

Keeping drivers safe and insurance claims down is increasingly vital for transport operators. See how new commercial vehicle safety features can help.

Read more