Videographer Insurance

Videographer Insurance

We offer a diverse range of policies designed to meet the insurance needs of the film, video and multimedia industry. This includes short- term insurance for your hired video equipment or cover under a full production package, and a specialist aviation cover and claims service for use of commercial drones.

01489 770 340

Weekdays 9.00am - 5.30pm

Request a callback

About Videographer Insurance


Short-term videography insurance available

Perfect for shooting music videos, short films or sporting events.


Worldwide videographer cover

Our insurance covers shoots globally.


Professional claim assistance

Expert advice and in-house team to help you deal with claims quickly and efficiently.

Direct Debit

Pay by Direct Debit

You can choose to split your payment into 10 monthly instalments.

Features of Videographer Insurance

Standard cover

Videography insurance to suit your needs

Our cover can suit professional videographers at any stage in their career. You can simply choose video equipment insurance, or if videography is your career you can add cover for your business. Please remember that we cannot cover damage caused by general wear and tear.

Short-term and annual production video cover

Our annual policies are ideal if you are producing content all year round in the form of corporate events, shooting webisodes or shooting promotional content for advertising agencies. The policy is designed for frequent use of hired equipment along with liability protection for production team members. However, we can also offer short-term videography cover.

Broadcast and film production insurance

Whether you are producing a documentary for broadcasters, or shooting a feature film for worldwide release, you will require production insurance. We protect you against costs for cast, crew and film equipment should the shoot be interrupted. Just note that acts of fraud or dishonesty by employees will not be covered. We can cover shoots in the UK, EU or worldwide and we can work with you to establish your needs and tailor the cover to fit you.

Film and video freelancer insurance

We ensure wider covers are provided for the freelancer who uses high-value equipment. Whether you’re a cameraman using a Steadicam, a sound recordist, an audio and lighting technician or a grip, we can arrange the right cover for you through multimedia insurers, This cover is not available online so speak with our team and we'll arrange this for you.

Videographer Insurance FAQs


Can I get liability insurance for videography?


Our Professional policy includes optional media liability insurance – public and product. If you have employees then you'll be legally required to arrange employers’ liability insurance, which is available with our Professional policy.


How do I know the value of the equipment I want to insure?


We replace your items on a new for old basis so; in the unfortunate event of a total loss you get the latest equivalent model as a replacement. By checking how much an equivalent replacement costs in the market today, you will get a good idea of the value you should insure your own equipment for. Don’t forget, if you are VAT-registered you can deduct this element from your total value.


Is my equipment covered abroad?


We have a variety of covers available to suit your travel arrangements, from UK cover, to UK and Europe cover, to worldwide. Our standard cover is UK and 45 days worldwide; you do not need to notify us when you go abroad unless you exceed 45 days in any one policy year. If worldwide cover is selected, travel cover is unlimited; however, a maximum trip limit of 90 days in any one trip is applicable.

If you have any queries in respect of cover abroad, please contact us.


Do I need to provide you with a list of my multimedia equipment?


The answer is no provided you have receipts and invoices for your equipment in the event of a claim. If you are concerned that you may not have these then please supply an equipment list, and this can be good business practice to make sure that your sum insured is always adequate.


Is my equipment covered in the hold of an aircraft?


Yes, full cover is extended to equipment within the hold of an aircraft subject to the equipment being in a locked Peli Case or similar protective casing. 


Is my equipment covered if I am distracted and it is stolen?


Yes, we have Towergate Insurance (Camerasure) policies that provide cover for 'open theft' and this would include opportunist. This means we do not require signs of forcible or violent, entry or exit for the theft cover to be in force.


Under my previous insurance I made a claim, will this affect my cover?


We only need to know about claims you have made in the last five years. Each claim is considered on an individual basis and though some may have no effect on your policy, others might. Just make sure you let us know and we will talk you through it, failure to disclose a claim can invalidate your cover.


Do I have to pay an excess in the event of a claim?


Yes, Towergate Insurance (Camerasure) photography insurance excesses vary but full details can be found on your policy documents or you can contact one of the team.


Can you cover my drone for commercial use?


Yes, we have teamed up with a leading Lloyds aviation insurer to offer you a specialist aviation cover and claims service for commercial users of drones. We can provide expert liability and hull protection backed up by a team of aviation claims specialists. They have access to lawyers who are experienced in working with some of the largest global aviation operators and the complex liability issues that can arise.


Can I pay in instalments?


If you would prefer to spread the cost of your photography insurance policy, you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium by monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our Regulatory Information.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 01489 770 325 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim