Massage Therapist Insurance

Cover for practicing professional massage therapists.

0330 123 5810

Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm

Email us for a call back

About Massage Therapist Insurance


Affordable insurance in minutes

Specialist cover in five minutes from as little as £114.19 per year.


Worldwide massage therapist cover

Cover to work anywhere in the world (as long as you are UK based).

Direct Debit

24-hour legal helpline

Offering specialist therapist advice whenever you may need it.


Massage therapist liability cover

Includes public liability and product liability.

Features of Massage Therapist Insurance

Standard cover

Public liability

If you were to act negligently during the course of your work and accidentally injure or damage the property of a third party, public liability insurance for massage therapists would act as a financial safety net and provide compensation to the injured party. You can choose the amount of cover that suits your business from £1 million, £2 million or £5 million. Any deliberate acts will not be covered.

Professional indemnity insurance

Professional indemnity insurance for massage therapists protects against allegations of professional negligence, malpractice and breaches of professional codes of practice. The policy will therefore cover legal costs and expenses associated with your defence as well as damages or costs that may be awarded to your client. Any deliberate act of negligence will not be covered.

24 hour legal advice and health & well being helpline

There’s a legal helpline available 24 hours a day for individual policy holders. Should you be concerned about legal aspects relating to yourself or your business, you can talk things through with a professional to understand your legal stance in the situation. For non-legal matters, there is also a health and well being helpline; just check your policy documents for the contact number.

Product liability

We understand you may be recommending products or using or selling your own products as part of your therapy. Please be advised we are unable to cover products you make yourself from scratch. The base product must been through a manufacturing process already so testing has already been carried out.

Massage Therapist Insurance FAQs


Do you cover other types of therapy?


Yes, we cover a wide range of different therapies; just speak to a member of our team for details.



Can you cover me whilst I’m training?


Yes, we can cover you whilst you’re in training just as we would if you’re qualified.




Can you cover me to train other people?


Yes, but it’s a feature that we can add on for you so you must let us know if it’s something you require.




Does it matter how many clients I see weekly/monthly etc.?


No, we do not need to know how many clients you will be seeing throughout the policy year.




Can I work from home?


Yes, this is automatically covered in the policy. Just be aware you should notify your home insurer if you conduct part of your business from home and that damage caused will come under your home insurance policy rather than this one. If you are having trouble finding insurance for your home because of your work take a look at our Home Business Insurance policy.




Do you need to see my qualifications?


We do not need to see a copy of these. We will insure you on the utmost faith that you have experience and qualifications in the area you would like to be insured for. If a claim were made against you, we would then ask to see evidence of your qualification.




Do you cover long distance learning courses?


Yes, we do not specify how much experience you have or where you studied.




Is there an age limit?


No, we do not specify an age limit.





Can I work overseas?


Yes, we can provide cover for you to work outside of the UK as long as you live and are based in the UK and do not have any assets in the country you would like to work in - for example, a house. As it is a UK policy, if a claim were made for the work you had done in another country, we would then need to bring the claim back to the UK to go through UK courts. If you had a house in the country for example, they would then try to take monies from your assets to protect the claim.


Can I pay in instalments?


If you would prefer to spread the cost of your Talking Therapist Insurance policy, you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).


Can I work with animals?


Yes we can cover work with both animals and humans, please call to discuss.




Am I covered to carry out baby and pregnancy massages?


Yes, this is fine and included as standard on the policy.



How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0330 123 5921 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim