Listed Property Insurance

Living in a listed property comes with certain obligations to maintain it, therefore you need specialist cover, that’s where we come in.

About Listed Property Insurance


Specialist Property team

If you have any questions about our policy or if you need to make a change, our friendly customer service team is available Mon - Fri 9am - 7pm, Sat 9am - 1pm

Direct Debit

Spread the cost

You can pay for your policy by monthly direct debit and spread the cost over monthly instalments


Dedicated specialist property claims

Our friendly and helpful claims team are available 5 days a week, 8:30am - 5:30pm


Flexible specialist listed property excess

You can choose a standard excess from £100 to £550. If you go for the higher amount, this may reduce your premium. Please note, other excess’ may apply in certain circumstances

Features of Listed Property Insurance

Standard cover

Accidental damage cover

As part of your cover, accidental damage for fixed glass, sanitary fixtures and fittings and electrical equipment is included as standard.

Alternative accommodation cover

If your home becomes uninhabitable, subject to the claim for the damage being covered under the policy, we will cover you for alternative accommodation, so you don’t have to worry about finding somewhere to stay.

Wide range of cover

Cover for all grades of listed building (I, II and II* in England and Wales and A, B and B+ in Scotland and Northern Ireland)

Theft cover

On our policies you will be covered for theft as long as there is evidence of forcible entry or exit.

Additional cover

Home emergency

Choose to add home emergency assistance and you’ll benefit from a 24-hour helpline for sudden, unexpected events. A team will then assist you in making your home safe and secure once more and restore electricity, gas or your water supply if required. There is no excess to pay for this service and it will not affect your no claims bonus.

Legal protection

We can add on the option for legal cover to cover you for legal costs up to £50,000.

Listed Property FAQs


What excess do I have to pay of this policy?


You can choose an excess from £100 to £550. If you go for the higher amount, this will reduce your premium. Certain types of constructions have a higher excess - such as flat-roofed properties. For more information speak to one of our sales advisers on 0345 266 8552.


Can Towergate arrange immediate cover?


This depends on your circumstances and the type of property you want to insure. The quickest way to find out is to speak to one of our advisers on 0345 266 8552.


What do I do if I need to cancel my cover?


Please call us or notify us in writing with the reason for cancellation and state the date from which you need cover to cease. Remember, if your policy is in more than one name, all policyholders will need to sign the letter. If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to contact the customer services team on 0344 736 0088.


Would you insure my property if it is both listen and timber framed?


Yes. We can cover for both of these situations.


How much does home buyers insurance cost?


Policies will vary depending on things like location, the rebuild cost of your property, and the value of your contents - go online for a quote or give us a call to chat through the details.


Do I have to keep my property maintained?


You must take all reasonable steps to prevent accidents, loss or damage and must maintain the property insured in sound condition and good repair. If you have a flat roof, a professional builder or roofer will need to visit your property every eight years to inspect it and any necessary repairs should be carried out.


Would I still be covered for theft under this policy?


Yes. As long as there is forcible entrance into or exit out of your property, you will be covered.


Where can I find full details of my policy?


We have provided a summary of the key features of the policy, above. For details of the terms and conditions applicable, please refer to the insurance product information document and policy wording, which are available during the quotation process.


How can I pay for my premium?


You can pay by credit card, debit card or monthly direct debit.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0345 074 4760 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim