About Coach House Insurance


Specialist Cover

If you have any questions about our policy or if you need to make a change, our friendly customer service team is available Mon - Fri 9am - 7pm, Sat 9am - 1pm.



24-hour claims number

We recommend you report your claim as soon as possible and we have a 24 hour claims number so you can call us straight away.


Direct Debit

Spread the cost of coach house cover

You can pay for you cover via monthly Direct Debit.



Cover for flats above garages

Ground-floor garages under your coach house can be covered even if they’re used by someone else.


Features of Coach House Insurance

Standard cover

Specialist coach house cover

Our coach house cover is designed for the specific risks of your property, such as neighbours who have a garage under your flat which is not under your control.

All Purpose Cover

Whether your coach house is your main home, holiday home, let out to tenants or used as an Airbnb or similar, we can provide buildings and contents cover through our coach house insurance.

Home Contents Cover

This policy provides content cover up to £100,000. You must lock all of your doors and windows when you leave the home for this cover to remain valid.

Alternative Accommodation Cover

If your home becomes uninhabitable, you’ll have cover in place towards the cost of staying somewhere else.

Additional cover

Home Emergency

Choose to add home emergency assistance and you’ll benefit from a 24-hour helpline for sudden, unexpected events. A team will then assist you in making your home safe and secure once more and restore electricity, gas or your water supply if required. There is no excess to pay for this service and it will not affect your no claims bonus.

Coach House Insurance's FAQs


What if I have a lodger?


We have a policy specifically for those who have lodgers in their home. That way you can be covered for the additional risks associated with having a lodger in your home. You can contact our team in Colchester for Lodger Insurance.


Do you offer home emergency cover?


Yes, you can add cover for home emergencies to your property insurance policy.

  • Three levels of home emergency cover, starting with emergency repairs to the primary heating system at your property
  • Extend to include emergency repairs to your drainage and water services, securing broken windows and doors - and dealing with pest infestations
  • Access to a 24-hour helpline and network of reliable UK tradespeople

Please talk to your Towergate adviser for details.


What if I've had previous claims?


We specialise in providing cover where other insurance providers may not. If you've had previous claims, we will still consider your case whether or not you've been rejected by other insurers. This is also handled by our Colchester team and details can be found on our contact page. In all cases, the more information you are able to provide regarding your previous claims, the better.


Can you insure my home if it’s a flood risk?


Homes which are at risk of flood are often a little trickier to insure. We have policies which will cater for flood in some of the harder to cover areas and can often refer cases to our insurers to try and find you a policy. You can read more on insurance, provided by our team in Colchester, for flood risk areas here.


I run my business from my home, will this policy cover me?


Running a business from your home often means you have slightly different need to a standard home. See our home business insurance webpage for more details.


What is property owner’s liability?


Property owners liability is related to one’s legal responsibility to properly maintain property they own so it is not a danger to others. If a form of negligence connected to the property causes a third party to be injured or their property to be damaged, they may seek compensation from the property owner. Subsequently, it’s important to have insurance in place to cover this, most home insurance policies including our own, include this as standard.


Where can I find full details of my policy?


We have provided a summary of the key features of the policy, above. For details of the terms and conditions applicable, please refer to the insurance product information document and policy wording, which are available during the quotation process.


How can I pay for my premium?


You can pay by credit card or monthly direct debit.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 01708 777 710 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim