Farm Insurance

Specialist insurance for farms, smallholdings, and rural/agricultural businesses across the UK. From beef, sheep, dairy, and arable land, through to modern diversified farms. Benefit from flexible all in one cover.

About Farm Insurance


Convenient all in one cover

Cover for a broad range of farm-related risks in one insurance policy.


Flexible farm insurance

Get insured whether you farm beef, sheep, dairy, arable or any combination.


Diverse cover for modern farms

Tailored policies to match your level of diversification – the future of farming.

Direct Debit

Pay by Direct Debit

You can split your farm insurance payments into equal monthly instalments.

Features of Farm Insurance

Standard cover

Our service and dedication to farm insurance

Towergate have been dealing with Farm Insurance for many years. We have grown and developed alongside the changing times of the agriculture industry, expanding to understand the developments and challenges you face in modern times. Using an advisory based approach, we review your requirements to find our most competitive insurance package for you. Our online Risk Management tool allows you to build a Health & Safety policy online.

Insurance for working farms and smallholdings

If you keep farm machinery, produce, deadstock or farm buildings, our policies can provide insurance designed and tailored for your farm. If you are a livestock farmer, we can tailor a policy which insures you for a large variety of risks, including options for loss of stray animals, theft, transit, mysterious disappearance, electrocution, and fire.

Diversification and personal insurance

In a modern world, diversification is playing a large part in the way farms drive revenue. Be sure to let us know how you are diversifying away from standard farm activities, so we can provide a tailored policy matched to your risks. Speak to us about livery yards, farm shops, shooting, camping, agricultural contracting, renewable energy and wind turbines, B&B and holiday lets, commercial property and even drone insurance.

Farm motor, tractors and quads

We understand that most farmers may have the need to insure on a multi-vehicle basis, including private cars, commercial vehicles and agricultural vehicles. We offer cover which can group all your farm vehicles under one policy, which typically extends to include trailer implements cover too. Of course, if you only own one vehicle - whether it be a tractor or quad bike - we can cover that too.

Farm Insurance FAQs


What is farm insurance?


Farm insurance usually comes as an insurance package designed specifically for agricultural businesses, buildings, tools and produce. It can protect things like farm machinery, livestock, buildings, profits and produce, altogether under one policy.


Do I need farm insurance?


If you have a farm or smallholding, you will certainly want insurance of some kind. A farm insurance policy can offer you insurance against things which may stop your farm operating or from running at a higher cost, which means your livelihood is kept secure.


Am I covered for any accidental pollution to public land/water?


Yes, our policy covers you against accidental pollution.


I am looking to diversify the use of my land; can you provide cover?


Absolutely. We are well versed in assisting farmers who wish to maximise their revenue by diversifying. We have policy extensions already in place which offer you cover for things such as commercial camping, holiday lets and caravans, as well as activities on your land such as walking, cycling and farmers' markets/shops.


Am I covered for shooting on my land?


We can cover you for game bird shooting. Be sure to let us know which activities are taking place and discuss how to get cover.


Are there any notable exclusions on my farm insurance policy?


Full terms and conditions are available on request from your Towergate advisor, and in your policy documents.


What do we require from you to help us provide quotations?


In order to build a quote for your farm, there are certain things which are required by law in order to be sure we have the correct information to accurately provide tailored cover. When calling to discuss please have ready:

  • Information regarding any convictions, motor convictions, bankruptcies, CCJs, HSE investigations and environmental incidents.
  • Details of any claims in the last 3 years – Towergate will always ask your current insurers for 3 years’ claims experience if you wish to proceed.


Where can I find more information about monthly Direct Debit?


If you want to know more about our monthly payment option, please read our dedicated page on Direct Debit

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 01823 625503 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim