Van Insurance

We can offer van insurance for a wide range of vehicle types and usage, for both commercial and personal use.

0344 892 1644

Mon-Fri 8.45am - 5.15pm

Request a callback

About Van Insurance


Flexible van insurance

Cover for a wide array of commercial van types, owner occupations and vehicle usage


Quick van insurance quotes

Friendly advisers on-hand to help get you the right quote quickly


Panel of commercial van insurers

Access to specialist van insurers

Direct Debit

Pay for your van insurance by Direct Debit

You can choose to pay your van insurance in 10 monthly instalments

Features of Van Insurance

Standard cover

Affordable van insurance

We have developed longstanding relationships with some of the largest companies in the market, including Aviva, AXA, Ageas, LV and NIG, in order to continue to provide affordable van insurance policies.

Van insurance tailored for you

Our panel of insurers means we can compare multiple options, saving you time and money by avoiding you having to ring round individual insurance companies.

Quick and easy van cover

Our quick and easy process offers you instant van insurance on the day, with full policy documentation sent by e-mail. If you prefer you can request them to be sent by or post.

Automatic Green Card cover and more as standard

When you take out comprehensive cover, our van insurance includes Green Card cover that provides you with the same level of cover you have in the UK when you drive abroad. Your personal belongings in the vehicle, permanent audio equipment and theft of keys are also all included with the comprehensive insurance.

Van Insurance FAQs


What is a no claims bonus (NCB)?


This is a discount awarded for the completion of 12 months of continuous claim free motor insurance. NCB can only be earned and used in your own name and on one vehicle at a time.

A past NCB is not acceptable if it expired more than two years prior to the inception of your new policy.

NCB is reduced after a fault claim (please refer to your policy wording for details of NCB reduction scale).

If you are unsure if your NCB is still valid you can call our experienced advisers on 0344 892 1664 who will be happy to help.


What is an insurance excess?


This is the first part of each claim which you (not your insurer) are responsible and must pay. There are two types of excess:

Compulsory excess - This is an excess that has been applied as a requirement by your insurer and will vary according to your personal circumstances and the terms of cover provided. A compulsory excess may be required if you drive a particular type of vehicle or you have inexperienced drivers on your policy.

A compulsory excess will apply to all damage claims including fire, malicious damage, theft and windscreen claims.

Voluntary excess - You can increase the amount of your voluntary excess and reduce the premium. This will apply in addition to the compulsory excess under the policy. You can ask for a variety of voluntary excesses to suit you when discussing your quotation.



Fault and non-fault claims - what is the difference?


A fault claim is recorded when an accident is either:

  • The driver’s fault
  • Not the driver’s fault, but the cost can’t be claimed from another party – for example if a parked van is hit and the other driver cannot be found, is vandalised, stolen or catches fire.

If your insurer pays for your damages in a claim, for example where a third party hit you, but then recovers their costs via the third party's insurer, this would be recorded as a non-fault claim as your insurer was not liable.

Read more information on this.


If I have an accident and I do not wish to make a claim, do I still have to notify my insurer?


Yes, it is always advisable to tell your insurer of any incident the insured vehicle is involved in, so that your file is always fully updated, even if no claim is to be made. 


What is an immobiliser?


An electronic immobiliser is a device fitted to the vehicle that disables the engine of your vehicle when it is not in operation by you. Many newer vehicles have these factory fitted by the manufacturer and are normally shown within your vehicle brochure. It is also possible to have these fitted by a garage or specialist, who would supply a certificate of installation detailing the exact model of your vehicle's immobiliser. A copy of your fitment certificate may be required.

A manual immobiliser is a device which is usually placed on the steering wheel or gear lever of your vehicle.

There are two types of Thatcham graded immobiliser:

  1. Thatcham Category 1 =   A combined alarm/immobiliser for a motor vehicle including perimeter, movement and internal ignition detection. A siren powered by its own battery supply will sound off if the vehicle is broken into.
  2. Thatcham Category 2 = An immobiliser only unit complying to Thatcham criteria.

* Who are Thatcham? Officially known as the Motor Insurance Repair Research Centre (MIRRC) established in 1969 by the motor insurance industry, have been at the forefront of vehicle safety, repair and security for many years. Since the 1990s The Thatcham Categories for Immobilisers and Alarms have set the benchmark for the motor industry. After research by Thatcham engineers, security devices can achieve Thatcham Security Certification after assessment of their features and performance. Appropriately assessed devices can then meet Thatcham Security Certification


Are there any exclusions?


Please see your policy documents for full details of any exclusions.


Can I pay in instalments?


To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit instalment scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated instalment Direct Debit page to find out more.


Does van insurance cost more if I pay my premium in instalments? 


A variety of payment options are available and the interest transaction charge and annual percentage rate (APR%) vary according to the amount of the premium, the number of monthly instalments and type of premium finance scheme selected. We will give you full details of the additional amount payable, instalment amounts, number of instalments and APR when you ask us for a quotation.


Where can I find more information about monthly Direct Debit? 


If you want to know more about our monthly payment option, please read our dedicated page on Direct Debit.


Are the contents of my van covered?


You need to add goods in transit cover to ensure your contents are insured.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim