Veterinary Practice Insurance

Tailored cover for veterinary practices.

  • Veterinary practice cover for refrigerated and non-refrigerated drugs
  • Animals in custody and control
  • Cover for breakdown for veterinary practice pressurised equipment

Call us on 03301 235 250 or get a quote online.

A shield with a tick inside it on a big translucent blue circle
A person in scrubs placing a stethoscope on the shoulder area of cat on a examination table
If you need additional assistance arranging your insurance, find out how our teams can support

One of the UK's leading independent insurance brokers

Trusted brand icon

Overall service rating 4.6 / 5

Based on 4321 customer reviews

Feefo Logo

Why choose veterinary practice insurance with Towergate?


Range of veterinary practice insurance options

Choose from our 3 different cover options, so you have cover to suit your business.


Vet practice contents insurance

Cover is standard on an all risk basis (automatically covers any risk that the wording does not explicitly omit).


Legal advice for vets

Access to Markel Law Hub – your very own legal information portal.


Veterinary practice insurance for peace of mind

We offer our best terms to give you peace of mind that you have the right cover for your practice.

About veterinary practice insurance

Accidental Damage

Loss or damage to veterinary equipment

Practice contents are covered both within and away from the practice, for example if scanning machines are taken off site by a vet – providing it is only temporary.


Accurate valuations of your veterinary practice

Through our trusted partner CPA, we can offer free desktop valuation reviews that can indicate whether the amount you have valued your building at is adequate. Should this indication suggest underinsurance, we can help you to arrange a full, on-site valuation at an agreed price.


Wide range of tenant types covered

As tenants come in all shapes and circumstances, we’ll go out to our panel and find you a suitable policy. We can cover professionals, students, local authority placements, DSS/DWP, asylum seekers and our cover also extends to bedsits. If you require cover for a sub-let you may require a slightly different type of cover and one of our advisers will happily point you in the right direction.


Public liability cover for your veterinary surgery

When dealing with the general public, it is important to have sufficient liability protection in place. This policy covers £5m as standard and there is no excess amount applied to this aspect of cover.


Tailor veterinary practice insurance to your needs

We understand that not all cover available is required by all practices, so to avoid you paying for cover you don’t need, we have some aspects of cover that are optional extras. These include legal expenses, to protect you against legal defence costs and Lorega loss recovery – a service to support you in the event of a claim over £5,000.

When you need to make a claim, we'll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.

  • Find your insurance documents and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number.
  • Call the claims team on 0330 123 5921 or email and explain exactly what happened.
  • Provide photos if requested to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can.
Smiling women sitting on a rug on a parquet floor leaning on a sofa looking at her mobile

Ready to get covered?

  • Fill in our online quote form or call us
  • Purchase your policy
  • Relax - You're covered!
Get a Quote

Veterinary Practice Insurance FAQs

You are required by law to have employers' liability insurance if your business has employees. This requirement applies irrespective of whether your staff are full or part time. The insurance covers your legal liability to employees if they are injured at work or become ill as a result of the work, they do for you. The policy will cover your legal defence costs in the event of an employee claim of negligence.

Loss damage cost or expense directly or indirectly caused by terrorism, except in respect of claims arising under the Liability Section.

Loss or damage caused by or resulting from wear, tear, light, atmospheric conditions, moths, vermin, insects, any process of cleaning, dyeing, restoring, adjusting or repairing, corrosion, dampness, wet or dry rot, marring, scratching, bruising or deterioration.

Claims in respect of coronavirus diseases (COVID-19), severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) or any variation of these.

Please contact us for further information about the significant terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy which can be provided when you speak to one of our advisors. A policy wording is available upon request.

To provide theft cover, your insurance company will require a minimum level of security on your premises, this will include:

  • Five lever mortise deadlocks complying with British Standard 3621 on all final exit doors
  • Key operated window locks to be fitted on all ground floor and accessible opening windows

 Please refer to your policy wording upon purchasing for full details as the requirements can vary according to the type of door and windows you have. This will not apply to any door or window officially designated a fire exit by the Fire Authority.

No, your policy does not provide cover for professional negligence.

If you prefer to spread the cost of your annual premium, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme. When you choose to pay premiums in instalments, you will be paying under a Premium Finance plan.

We will give you full details of the finance provider, and the additional cost of finance, when we provide you with your payment plan quotation. This will include the total payable, the number of monthly instalments and the cost of each, as well as the representative APR.

If you would like to know more about our monthly payment option, please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page.

Read more FAQs

Veterinary practice insurance articles

Mitigate the Cyber Risks for Care Businesses Using Cloud Based Services

The risk of cyber crime is increasing, and care and medical organisations are no exception. Find out how to protect your business against this threat.

Read more

Top Tips for Renewing your Care Business Insurance

Read our top tips for renewing your business insurance.

Read more

Are you ready to scale up your business?

When your company is thriving, you may consider scaling up. This article looks at key considerations to take into account when scaling up your business.

Read more

Business Insurance Checklist

Get the best business insurance. Our checklist will help you understand what makes the best business insurance and what you can do to be best protected.

Read more

Making Tax Digital for Businesses

Making Tax Digital (MTD) will affect all businesses and is a key element of the government’s plans to make it easier for businesses and individuals.

Read more