About Nutritional Therapist Insurance


Affordable insurance in minutes

Specialist cover in five minutes.


Worldwide nutritional therapist cover

Cover to work anywhere in the world (as long as you are UK based).

Direct Debit

24-hour legal helpline

Offering specialist therapist advice whenever you may need it.


Nutritional therapist liability cover

Includes public liability, product liability and libel and slander.

Features of Nutritional Therapist Insurance

Standard cover

Worldwide cover

Worldwide cover with no restriction on who you practice with or on, or how you interact with clients - whether this be through 1-2-1 sessions, group sessions, face-to-face or by a medium such as telephone or Skype. All we ask is that you and your business are based in the UK and that you don’t have any assets in the country in which you are working. Our cover allows you to reach clients all over the world while still being protected against claims.

Public liability, product liability and professional indemnity

Public liability - protection for death of, or injury to, third parties or the loss of, or damage to, their property. Product liability can protect you from claims made against you regarding vitamins and supplements you may have given your clients. Professional indemnity for the risk of being sued for an error in professional activities.

Representation at a defence hearing

Cover for legal costs and expenses incurred in defending you against proceedings or prosecution including an appeal against conviction resulting from a prosecution. Our policy also covers defence costs for claims made against you, as well as compensation costs for any successful claims. You will also have access to a 24-hour legal advice helpline should you need assistance at any point.

Public relations consultancy fees

Should you require public relations consultancy following a claim, our nutritional therapists insurance policy offers up to £25,000 cover in public relations consultancy fees per any one period of insurance.

Nutritional Therapist Insurance FAQs


As a nutritional therapist, do I need loss of income insurance?


We do offer loss of income and business interruption insurance as well as various other business insurances but not as part of this package. If you require these covers we can provide them via our business insurance department. One of our advisers will be able to advise you further.



Does it matter how many clients I see weekly/monthly?


No, it does not matter how many clients you see throughout the policy year.




Can I work from home?


We can provide cover for you to work from home within your policy. However, if anything was to get damaged within the home then this will come under a home insurance policy, so you will need to let you home insurers now. Alternatively, we offer comprehensive home business insurance that may be more suitable; speak to one of our advisers to find out more.




Do you cover long distance learning courses?


Yes, we do not specify how much experience you have or where you studied.




How do I know what level of liability cover I need while I am practicing as a nutritional therapist?


As every profession is open to different risks and claims are unforeseeable events, it’s not possible for us to safely recommend any level of cover. Our best advice, therefore, is to select the highest amount of cover you can reasonably afford. We can, however, offer full flexibility on your policy meaning that if you need to raise or lower the level of cover at any time we can accommodate this easily.




Do I still need insurance after I stop practicing as a nutritional therapist?


You may want to consider run-off cover to provisionally cover you against any claim made against you for work done while you were practicing. Our advisers will be able to set this up for you at the end of your policy.




Do you need to see my qualifications?


We do not need to see a copy of these. We will insure you on the utmost faith that you have experience and qualifications in the area you would like to be insured for. If a claim were made against you, we would then ask to see evidence of your qualification.




I’m training as a nutritional therapist, do I need insurance?


Depending on what you are studying and if you are practising you may want to protect yourself against claims. As everyone’s situation is different and claims are unforeseeable we can’t advise either way but would suggest that even though liability and indemnity insurances are not legal requirements you should not leave yourself vulnerable if you think you could open to a civil liability claim. Some member organisations will recommend a specific level of cover, so you may wish to check this if you are a member of a professional body.




Can I pay in instalments?


If you would prefer to spread the cost of your Talking Therapist Insurance policy, you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0330 123 5921 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim