Translators and Interpreters Insurance

About Translators and Interpreters Insurance


Cover for working online

Our policies cover you to work electronically using services such as Skype.


Worldwide translators cover

Cover to work anywhere in the world (as long as you are UK based).


24-hour legal helpline

Offering specialist advice whenever you may need it.


Translators liability cover

Includes public liability, product liability and libel and slander.

Translators and Interpreters Insurance

Standard cover

Legal cover including a 24-hour helpline

Our translators insurance policies don't just cover compensation and defence costs but you will also have access to a 24-hour legal advice helpline offering specialist advice whenever you require it. Wherever you work in the world you can call at any time if you need legal assistance.

Cover for exam translation work

If your work involves exam translation and scribe work you can be vulnerable to claims accusing you of incorrectly translating or rephrasing answers. Our policies will cover you in the event of claims of this nature, giving you greater peace of mind.

Cover for translation work done electronically

Our policies cover work which has taken place electronically, be that over the telephone, internet calls, or the translation of documents. We just ask that you have the recommended security settings on your computer as stated by the device. We would require proof of this in the event of a claim.

Comprehensive cover from our liability package

Professional indemnity insurance for translators forms a vital part of our liability package which also includes: public liability, products liability and libel and slander cover.

Translators and Interpreters Insurance FAQs


Does it matter how many clients I see weekly/monthly etc?


No, we do not need to know how many clients you will see throughout the policy year.


Can I work from home?


We can provide cover for you to work from home automatically within the policy, however we need to make you aware that if anything was to get damaged within the home then this will come under the home insurance and so you will need to let your home insurers know.


Do you need to see my qualifications?


We do not need to see a copy of these. We will insure you on the utmost faith that you have experience and qualifications in the area you would like to be insured for. If a claim were made against you, we would then ask to see evidence of your qualification.


Is there an age limit?


No, we do not specify the age.


Do you require specific computer software to cover electronic work?


No, we do not require specific computer software. However, you should use the security settings recommended by your device and should not illegally download or stream anything as this can compromise the security of your device. We also recommend that you password protect each document you work on as well as having a password on the device itself.


Do you offer discounts for members of professional bodies?


Yes, we offer discounts to members of the Institute of Translators and Interpreters, call us on 0330 123 5810 to speak to one of our specialist advisers about discounted insurance.


Can I work overseas?


Yes we can provide cover for you to work outside of the UK as long as you live and are based in the UK and do not have any assets in the country you would like to work in, for example a house. As it is a UK policy if a claim was made for the work you have done in another country we would then need to bring the claim back to the UK to go through UK courts. If you had a house in the country for example, they would then try to take monies from your assets to protect the claim.


Can I pay in instalments?


If you would prefer to spread the cost of your Talking Therapist Insurance policy, you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0330 123 5921 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim