About Long Stay Travel Insurance


Travel cover up to 365 days

Policies up to a year long.


Cover for over 350 activities

We can provide insurance for over 350 adventurous activities.


24/7 emergency helpline

24/7 medical emergencies claim helpline.

Direct Debit

Pay by Direct Debit

You can split your long stay travel insurance payments into instalments.

Features of Long Stay Travel Insurance

Standard cover

Personal possessions cover while travelling

Up to £1,000 of cover for your personal possessions is provided in case they are lost, stolen or damaged while you’re away. There are individual limits for certain individual items, please check the policy wording for limits. If an item has been lost or stolen, make sure you notify the Police within 24 hours of discovery. Please be aware an excess may apply to this section of cover.

Emergency medical and associated expenses

Cover is included for medical expenses including repatriation under the SunWorld policies and you can get cover for up to £15 million for Medical Emergency and Repatriation Expenses. An excess may apply but we do recommend you to get an EHIC card to allow you to benefit from the health care arrangements which exist between countries within the EU/EEA or Switzerland. In Australia you must enrol with a local MEDICARE office after the first occasion you see medical treatment and make sure you call the Emergency Claims Assistance Service for guidance. All claims are handled within the UK.

Adventurous sports and activities

Our long stay travel insurance covers a variety of hazardous activities. Some are covered as standard such as elephant trekking and swimming with dolphins however, if you fancy something a little more adventurous such as hang gliding or black water rafting, then you’ll be able to add on an activity extension pack. Just call our travel team to find out more.

Departure delay insurance

If your internal flight, train or boat is delayed for more than 12 hours, our long stay policy provides up to £200 compensation. We’ll also cover you if your trip gets cancelled and up to £2,500 should you need to arrange alternative transport. This section of cover won’t cover any accommodation costs, only travel costs.

Long Stay Travel Insurance FAQs


Will I be able to be insured if I have a medical condition?


This will be assessed on a case by case basis. The medical screening experts will ask you several questions relating to your health condition and this will determine whether we are able to offer you cover. Please be reassured, everything you tell the team is treated with the utmost confidentiality and your details will not be shared with anyone outside of the organisation.


Will the E111 / EHIC health agreement still be valid after Brexit?


No. The UK’s reciprocal health agreements (E111 / EHIC) with the EU will come to an end on the 1/1/2021. It is therefore vital when travelling within Europe you purchase adequate travel insurance, if you wish to be covered should you require medical treatment.


What happens if I need to travel home early due to illness?


Please contact the relevant claims details above.


Am I covered if I miss my internal flight?


If your flight is delayed for more than 12 hours, you’ll be compensated for each complete period of travel up to a maximum of £200. Compensation will only be paid if personal possessions are checked in, and we will need to see details of the missed flight and scheduled departure time, so please keep a record.


Will I be covered if my money gets stolen?


Yes, we’ll cover up to £500 for loss or theft of your personal money during your trip however please be aware an excess may apply. Also, please remember this will not cover for financial loss suffered as a result of credit/debit card being stolen.


Who do I need to contact in a medical emergency?


Please contact the relevant claims details above.


Are there any countries not covered under the Long Stay Travel insurance policy?


We aren't able to cover for any countries that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advise against. You can check whether the country that you’re travelling to is listed on the government website's page on Foreign Travel Advice.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 03450 744 838 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim