Photography Equipment Insurance

Tailored camera and photographic equipment cover.

  • Suitable for both multimedia businesses and professionals
  • Add more cover options to your policy if you start a photography career
  • UK-based support 

Call us on 01489 770 340 or get a quote online.

A shield with a tick inside it on a big translucent blue circle
Silhouettes of four people in a studio working around a white screen with a photography reflective umbrellas
If you need additional assistance arranging your insurance, find out how our teams can support

One of the UK's leading independent insurance brokers

Trusted brand icon

Overall service rating 4.6 / 5

Based on 4331 customer reviews

Feefo Logo

Why choose photography equipment insurance with Towergate?


Global insurance for photography equipment

Worldwide cover available for a wide range of camera, photography and videography equipment


Short-term and annual video cover

Short-term and annual options for hired and owned video equipment


Public and employer's liability insurance

Our photography equipment cover can include public and employer's liability

Direct Debit icon

Pay by Direct Debit

Choose to spread your payment into 10 monthly Direct Debit instalments.

About photography insurance


New for old camera and photography equipment cover

All our camera and photography equipment policies insure on a new for old basis, so if you lose or damage beyond repair your lenses, camera, tripod, lights, etc, they can be replaced with a brand-new equivalent model. Bear this in mind when you get your quote, as you’ll need to give us the value of equivalent camera equipment models as new to ensure you have enough to cover a replacement if needed.


Cover for unexplained theft of camera and photography equipment

We provide comprehensive insurance for unexplained theft of photography and camera equipment, including cameras, tripods, lenses and lights. This includes items being stolen from your work premises, your home address, unattended vehicles and storage units.


Photography equipment insurance for travel

Our policies cover your photography equipment insurance away from your home or work address on location. Cover can be extended to include your travels either in Europe or on a worldwide basis. If European or worldwide cover is selected, travel cover is unlimited; however, a maximum limit of 90 days in any one trip is applicable.


Short-term and annual camera and photography equipment insurance

We offer annual policies for equipment you own or are using on a regular basis, but we can also offer short-term hire camera and photography equipment insurance for one-off events or video shoots.

When you need to make a claim, we'll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.

  • Find your insurance documents and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number.
  • Call the claims team on 01489 770 325 and explain exactly what happened.
  • Provide photos if requested to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can.
Smiling women sitting on a rug on a parquet floor leaning on a sofa looking at her mobile

Ready to get covered?

  • Fill in our online quote form or call us
  • Purchase your policy
  • Relax - You're covered!
Get a Quote

Photography equipment insurance FAQs

We replace your items on a new for old basis, so in the unfortunate event of a total loss, you get the latest equivalent model as a replacement. By checking how much an equivalent replacement costs in the market today, you will get a good idea of the value you should insure your own equipment for. Don’t forget, if you are VAT-registered you can deduct this element from your total value.

The biggest influence on your insurance costs is your claims history. By taking actions that will reduce the likelihood of accidents, and hence claims, you will build a more attractive profile to insurers. As your no-claims history develops, this will help to positively impact your insurance premiums. This will ultimately free up capital that can be reinvested elsewhere in your business.

We have a variety of covers available to suit your travel arrangements, from UK cover, to UK and Europe cover, to worldwide. Our standard cover is UK and 45 days worldwide; you do not need to notify us when you go abroad unless you exceed 45 days in any one policy year. If worldwide cover is selected, travel cover is unlimited; however, a maximum trip limit of 90 days in any one trip is applicable.

If you have any queries in respect of cover abroad, please contact us.

No, provided you have receipts and invoices for your equipment in the event of a claim. If you are concerned that you may not have these then please supply an equipment list, and this can be good business practice to make sure that your sum insured is always adequate.

The Towergate Camerasure policy will extend to cover photography and camera equipment within the hold of an aircraft subject to the equipment being in a locked Peli Case or similar protective casing.

Other policies we provide may restrict this, so it is best to call and check. 

Yes, we have Towergate policies that provide cover for 'open theft' and this would include opportunist and distraction theft. This means we do not require signs of forcible or violent, entry or exit for the theft cover to be in force.

Call us to find out which policies we can provide to cover this.

We only need to know about claims you have made in the last five years. Each claim is considered on an individual basis and though some may have no effect on your policy, others might. Just make sure you let us know and we will talk you through it, failure to disclose a claim can invalidate your cover.

Yes, Towergate Insurance (Camerasure) photography insurance excesses vary but full details can be found on your policy documents or you can contact one of the team.

We can cover this – you will need to let us know so we can endorse your policy. This can be done on a short-term basis or on an annual policy depending on how often you are hiring kit.

If you would prefer to spread the cost of your photography insurance policy, you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium by monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our Regulatory Information.

Read more FAQs

Photography equipment insurance articles and guides

Do I need a public liability insurance certificate?

A public liability insurance certificate which offers a summary of your policy is a great way to show you’re covered and put your clients’ minds at ease.

Read more

Is Pet Photography Taking the Lead?

A growing number of photographers are dedicating their craft to capturing pet portraits after spotting the growing demand.

Read more

Top Photography Locations in the UK

Whether you are drawn to rugged shores, ancient forests or historic cities there are many, see our favourite UK photography locations.

Read more

Top Photography Tips

Read some great photography techniques and tips in our guide.

Read more