Sml Shield

Trusted by over 400,000 with their insurance needs

Sml Star

Our service is rated ‘Excellent’ on Feefo

Sml Agent (1)

Over 2000 insurance specialists ready to support you

Mediators Insurance

Mediators insurance cover protecting you and your business.

  • Tailored mediators insurance packages protecting against defence costs and legal claims
  • Discounts for members of professional bodies
  • UK based support
A shield with a tick inside it on a big translucent blue circle
Statue of justice holding a sword in one hand a scales in the other on the dome of the old Baily in London seen through blurred leaves
If you need additional assistance arranging your insurance, find out how our teams can support

One of the UK's leading independent insurance brokers

Trusted brand icon

Overall service rating 4.6 / 5

Based on 4260 customer reviews

Feefo Logo

Why choose mediators insurance with Towergate?


Legal cover

Tailored mediators insurance packages protecting against defence costs and legal claims


Quality Service

Our friendly advisors are here to help


Membership discount

Discounts for members of professional bodies


Full civil liability cover

Our policies provide full civil liability cover as standard

About mediators insurance


Bespoke cover to suit you

Your mediators insurance includes liability cover which can be tailored to suit your business requirements with limits available between £1m and £5m depending on your needs.


Cover wherever you work

Whether you work from a rented practice room, client’s property, your own home or via the telephone, we can provide the right mediators insurance to cover your needs.


24-hour legal assistance

Our mediators insurance policies include specialist legal defence where necessary to defend a claim, as well as access to a 24-hour legal helpline for individual policy holders. Therefore, even if the worst happens you will have a strong support team.


Optional extras

There are a number of extra additions you can make to your mediators insurance policy, including home business insurance, employers’ liability cover and a training extension if you teach others in mediation.

When you need to make a claim, we'll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.

  • Find your insurance documents and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number.
  • Call the claims team on 0330 828 1214 and explain exactly what happened.
  • Provide photos if requested to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can.
Smiling women sitting on a rug on a parquet floor leaning on a sofa looking at her mobile

Ready to get covered?

  • Fill in our online quote form or call us
  • Purchase your policy
  • Relax - You're covered!
Start your quote

Mediators insurance FAQs

No, we do not need to know how many clients you will be seeing throughout the policy year.

We do not need to see a copy of these. We will insure you on the utmost faith that you have the experience and qualifications in the area that you would like to be insured for. If a claim was made against you this may be when we would need to see evidence of this.

Yes, we base our cover on experience and qualifications rather than where and how you studied.

Yes, we can provide cover for you to work outside of the UK, as long as you live in and are based in the UK and do not have any assets in the country you would like to work in (for example, a house). As it is a UK policy, if a claim was made for the work you have done in another country we would then need to bring the claim back to the UK to go through UK courts. If you had a house in the country, for example, they would then try to take monies from your assets to protect the claim.

If you would prefer to spread the cost of your events insurance policy you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our Regulatory Information.

Mediators articles and guides

Mitigate the Cyber Risks for Care Businesses Using Cloud Based Services

The risk of cyber crime is increasing, and care and medical organisations are no exception. Find out how to protect your business against this threat.

Read more

Top Tips for Renewing your Care Business Insurance

Read our top tips for renewing your business insurance.

Read more

Are you ready to scale up your business?

When your company is thriving, you may consider scaling up. This article looks at key considerations to take into account when scaling up your business.

Read more

Business Insurance Checklist

Get the best business insurance. Our checklist will help you understand what makes the best business insurance and what you can do to be best protected.

Read more

Making Tax Digital for Businesses

Making Tax Digital (MTD) will affect all businesses and is a key element of the government’s plans to make it easier for businesses and individuals.

Read more