Do you know if your home needs specialist insurance?

Many of us like to think of our home as special and unique – but have you ever stopped to think whether your home might actually require non-standard home insurance? Phil Spencer, presenter of Location, Location, Location is on hand with advice on what to look out for in his exclusive blog.

Phil spencer non-standard property

Ask yourself, is your home built with timber frames or does it have a traditional thatched roof?  Do you live in a conservation area; have a tennis court in your back garden or solar panels on your roof?  If the answer is yes, then you might require specialist home insurance.

The fact is, whilst most of us do not live in a listed, stately home, many properties still qualify for non-standard insurance due to a number of different factors including value, location, unique structural characteristics or even it simply being left unoccupied for periods of time.

You might not even realise your home requires the specialist treatment until you come to arrange a mortgage, get a valuation or look to insure your property. A significant number of UK properties feature specific building traits which qualifies them as non-standard property. 

Want to find out more about our Specialist House Insurance?

More details