Subsidence Insurance

Buildings insurance for homes with subsidence and those that have been underpinned.

About Subsidence Insurance


Dedicated Claims Team

Our dedicated claims professionals are available from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm with the exception of bank holidays.


Specialist Team

If you have any questions about our policy or if you need to make a change, our friendly customer service team is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm

Direct Debit

Pay for home insurance in instalments

You can use Direct Debit to spread your insurance cost.


Previous Subsidence or Underpinning

We aim to cover your home even if you've previously suffered from subsidence, or your home has been underpinned.

Features of Subsidence Insurance

Standard cover

Contents Cover

We can cover your contents whilst in transit, we cover your money and credit cards (limits apply), we even cover valuables such as jewellery and electrical items. We'll also extend your contents limit over Christmas and weddings to accommodate the extra belongings likely to be in your home.

Properties up for sale

Most mortgage providers require insurance to be in place before completion. Although we can’t transfer the policy to the new owner, we can consider the risk for the new owner, if you share your documentation.

Home Assistance Option

You’ll be covered for someone to visit your property to try to fix the damage or at the very least, limit any further damage.

Alternative Accommodation Cover

If your home becomes uninhabitable, you’ll have cover in place towards the cost of staying somewhere else.

Subsidence Insurance FAQs


What do I do if I need to cancel my cover?


You are entitled to a full refund of the premium paid if you find the policy unsuitable for your needs and cancel it within 14 days of receipt of your policy documents (as long as no claims have been made). If you need to cancel your cover you will be charged relevant administration costs for setting up the policy. Please call us or notify us in writing with the reason for cancellation and state the date from which you need cover to cease. Remember, if your policy is in more than one name, all policyholders will need to sign the letter. If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact the customer services team on 0344 892 1750.


Would you insure my property if it is both listed and timber framed?


Yes. We can cover for both of these situations.


Do I have to keep my property maintained?


You must take all reasonable steps to prevent accidents, loss or damage and must maintain the property insured in sound condition and good repair.

If you have a flat roof, a professional builder or roofer will need to visit your property every 8 years to inspect it and any necessary repairs should be carried out.


Would I still be covered for theft under this policy?


Yes. As long as there is forcible entrance into or exit out of your property, you will be covered.


How can I pay for my premium?


You can pay by debit card, credit card or monthly direct debit.


Where can I find full details of my policy?


We have provided a summary of the key features of the policy, above. For details of the terms and conditions applicable, please refer to the insurance product information document and policy wording, which are available during the quotation process.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 01708 777 710 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim