Commercial Building Insurance

We can offer commercial building insurance as a single policy to cover buildings, landlords’ contents in communal areas and property owners’ liability, making this simpler for you and your business. It is available for a range of occupancy with the added inflation protection of index-linked buildings sum insured.

Commercial Building Insurance


Tailored commercial building insurance

We can offer a range of cover to meet the needs of your business.


Employers' liability cover for businesses

If you have employees, employers' liability cover can be included as part of your commercial building insurance policy.


Professional commercial premises insurance claim assistance

Expert advice to help you with claims you face.

Direct Debit

Pay for your commercial building cover by Direct Debit

You can choose to split your payment into 10 monthly instalments. Please read our dedicated page on Direct Debit.

Features of Commercial Building Insurance

Standard cover

Commercial buildings insurance with property owners’ liability cover

We can provide property owners’ liability cover with your commercial buildings insurance to protect you against claims from third parties who suffer accidental personal injury in your buildings due to your fault. Policy limits are flexible to suit your requirements.

Commercial building stock and contents insurance

If you own and occupy your building, our commercial buildings insurance can cover your general contents, IT and machinery on a new-for-old replacement basis. Stock can be insured with flexible limits to allow you to remain covered at seasonal peaks.

Buildings insurance for your business premises

Whatever the size and shape of your commercial building, we can offer you a range of buildings cover to protect you for fire, flood, accidental damage, escape of water and malicious damage losses.

Employers' liability cover as part of your commercial buildings insurance

Any business that has staff must arrange employers' liability cover by law, which we can include in your commercial buildings insurance policy. This protects you against claims for safety-related incidents and accidents at your business premises where you are alleged to be at fault, including when equipment or tools are being used.

Commercial Building Insurance FAQs


Is there a minimum level of commercial buildings insurance I have to purchase?


The amount of cover required depends upon the rebuild costs of your buildings at current prices. It is very important to review the adequacy of your rebuild values to avoid the potential for underinsurance. To protect your legal responsibilities as a property owner, we will discuss your needs and offer a e policy suited to your business, so the amount of public liability insurance will be tailored to the type of occupancy and activities.


Does your commercial buildings insurance include business interruption cover?


This can be included if you occupy the property for commercial purposes ensuring you are covered financially for loss of profit, should you have to close your premises due to an insured loss, such as a fire, storm, flood or burst pipes, etc (check your policy document for full details).


Can you cover my equipment away from my commercial building?


We can arrange cover to suit your needs and can cover items taken away from your premises, for example protection for laptops and other testing equipment can be included when they are taken to external meetings or contracts. Geographic limits arranged to suit you, anywhere in the UK.


Can you cover cash kept at my premises?


We can add cover for money held on the premises during business hours as well as overnight. We can also include cover for transit to/from the bank. The cover and terms depend upon the cash values at risk.


What happens if I need extra stock for busy times of year?


We can include seasonal increases of cover as standard for say 25/30%, you just need to confirm the months and the amount you need above your standard insurance limit. This means that during busy times of the year, such as Christmas and Easter, you do not need to amend your policy limits to cater for extra stock. For businesses with high stock values which fluctuate regularly, we can consider a flexible stock insurance cover linked to maximum values with the premium adjusted on a monthly stock declaration basis, If you want to add this cover to your commercial buildings insurance, just speak to your adviser.


Can I pay in instalments?


To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.


Where can I find more information about monthly Direct Debit?


If you would like to know more about our monthly payment option, please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0344 892 1384 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim