Home Business Insurance

Specialist home cover for people who work from home. Whether you're a tutor or a child minder, we will take the time to understand your business personally, tailoring a home business insurance policy with exactly the type and levels of cover that you need - including buildings and contents and property owner's liability.

About Home Business Insurance


Building and contents cover

Buildings cover, contents cover and property owner’s liability with a £2 million limit of indemnity available


Office equipment up to £3,000

Standard office equipment cover up to £3,000 (can be extended)


Extend cover to business visitors

Cover can be extended to business visitors, subject to number of people and their level of access

Direct Debit

Pay for your Home Business Insurance by Direct Debit

You can split your payment into instalments

Features of Home Business Insurance

Standard cover

Office Equipment

If you use office equipment when working in your home, it may not be covered by your standard home contents policy. We can offer you the peace of mind of knowing this equipment is covered up to the value of £3,000, with the option to increase to £10,000.

Fraudulent use of credit cards

Our policy may cover financial loss from fraudulent use by any unauthorised person (excluding yourself or family members) of credit cards up to £2,000. Please note that you must report any suspected fraudulent use of your card(s) to the police within 24 hours of discovery.

Property owners' liability

Should injury, illness or accidental death occur at your property, the policy may cover up to £2 million cover plus defence costs and expenses incurred.

Temporary home business accommodation

Should your home be made uninhabitable by an accident caused by an insured peril, our policy will cover temporary accommodation for your business work while your home is restored to a habitable condition. We offer up to the value of 20% of the sum insured on buildings and contents.

Home Business Insurance FAQs


Would I still be covered for theft under this policy?


Yes. As long as there is forcible entrance to or exit from your property, it is not an unoccupied property, the person is lawfully in the home, it is loss by deception, or the value of the items lost from outbuildings is high than £5000, you will be covered.


What excess do I have to pay on this policy?


You can choose an excess from £100 to £250. If you select go for the higher amount this will reduce your premiums. Speak to one of our helpful advisors for full details.


How many business visitors do you allow each week?


You will be covered for up to ten visitors each week. This is not applicable if you are running a child-minding business. Please see policy wording for full details.


What do I do if I need to cancel my cover?


You are entitled to a full refund of the premium paid if you find the policy unsuitable for your needs and cancel it within 14 days of receipt of your policy documents (as long as no claim have been made). If you need to cancel your cover you will be charged relevant administration costs for setting up the policy.

Please just call us or notify us in writing with the reason for cancellation and state the date from which you need cover to cease.

Policy can be cancelled anytime and only time spent on the policy is charged, plus any admin fees. Remember, if your policy is in more than one name, all policyholders will need to
sign the letter.

If you have any other queries, please don’t hesitate to contact the customer services team on 0344 892 1750.


Is this a commercial policy?


This is a home insurance policy with some allowance for working from home clerical equipment. Cover can be extended to a limited amount.


Can I pay for my home business insurance policy in instalments?


To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0344 892 1384 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim