Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Commercial Building Insurance

Commercial building insurance can be offered as a single policy to cover buildings, landlords communal contents and property owners liability.

  • Tailored commercial building insurance to meet the needs of your business
  • Available for a range of occupancy and can include contents cover for common parts, and also index-linked buildings sum insured
  • Employers' liability cover can be included as part of your commercial building insurance policy

Request a commercial building insurance quote online

Get a quote error retrieving broker login link

Call our commercial buildings insurance experts to talk through your options:

0344 892 1664
0344 892 1664

Mon-Thu 8:30am-5.30pm, Fri 8:30am-5.00pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Commercial building insurance features

Employers' liability cover as part of your commercial buildings insurance

Any business that has staff must possess employers' liability cover by law, so we can include this in your commercial buildings insurance policy. This protects you against claims for safety-related incidents and accidents at your business premises where you are alleged to be at fault, including when equipment or tools are being used.

Commercial building stock and contents insurance

If you own and occupy your building, our commercial buildings insurance can cover your general contents, IT and machinery on a new-for-old replacement basis. Stock can be insured with flexible limits to allow you to remain covered at seasonal peaks.

Buildings insurance for your business premises

Whatever the size and shape of your commercial building, we can offer you a range of buildings cover to protect you for fire, flood, accidental damage, escape of water and malicious damage.

Commercial buildings insurance with property owners’ liability cover

We can provide property owners’ liability cover with our commercial buildings insurance to protect you against claims from third parties who suffer personal injury or damage at your buildings due to your negligence. Policy limits are flexible to suit your requirements.

Commercial Building Insurance Claims

If and when it comes to the crunch and you need to make a claim, we'll send the details of your claim to the insurer to get your claim resolved as quickly as possible.

If there are any complications with your claim, we’ll follow this up with the insurer and keep you updated with the progress of your claim.

Call us on:

0344 892 1384

We're here to help Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm

Commercial Building Insurance Articles & Guides

Read more about business from Towergate:

Directors And Officers

insurance guide

Office Insurance Explained

Read our guide to office insurance for in-depth explanations of the features, exclusions and optional cover to make sure your office and business is properly protected.

View insurance guide

insurance guide

What is Liability Insurance?

There are three main types of liability insurance. Each has a slightly different focus and will protect your business from different, potentially costly, scenarios. If you've ever asked yourself "What is liability insurance?" then look no further - our guide explains what these different covers offer.

Stock Insurance 1

insurance guide

Shop Insurance Guide

Our guide explains the features and exclusions of shop and retail insurance.

Commercial Building Insurance FAQs

Is there a minimum level of commercial buildings insurance I have to purchase?

No, we can offer cover to suit the size and requirements of your premises, to get you the best value for money.

Does your commercial buildings insurance include business interruption cover?

Yes, so you are covered financially for loss of profit if you have to close your premises to sort out issues caused by an incident for which you are covered, such as a break in, burst pipe, fire, etc (check your policy document for full details). This includes money for setting up temporary premises.

Can you cover my equipment outside of my commercial building?

Yes, through an 'all risks' section we can add to your package. This will cover items taken outside of the insured commercial building, for example laptops and other equipment when being taken to external meetings.

Can you cover cash kept at my premises?

We can add cover for money left on site to your commercial building policy, although there may be restrictions on how you can store cash so as to minimise risk. See your policy documents or talk to your adviser for details.

What happens if I need extra stock for busy times of year?

We can offer three months of 'seasonal' cover, where you can increase your stock by an agreed percentage above your standard insurance limit. This means that during busy times of the year, such as Christmas and Easter, you do not need to amend your policy limits to cater for extra stock. If you want to add this cover to your commercial buildings insurance, just speak to your adviser.

Can I pay my commercial building insurance in instalments?

Yes. To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.