Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Military Adventure Training Insurance

Military insurance for group adventure training policies offer worldwide cover for over 200 activities.

  • Teams on adventure training expeditions
  • Sports and hazardous activities including ski racing in military events
  • Can include rest and relaxation periods and private holidays

Start your quote for military adventure training cover online

Get a quote error retrieving broker login link

Contact us directly for a tailored adventure training policy

01242 533 784
01242 533 747

Weekdays 9am-5pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Features of our adventure training insurance

24 Hour Emergency Assistance

In case you sustain a serious injury or contract a major illness, we provide you with a 24 hour Emergency Medical Service telephone number. You'll be put through to a team of specialists who will be able to guide you through the situation.

Team Army Winter Sports

We are a headline sponsor of Army Winter Sports and provide cover for teams heading out to the Alps for Team Army expeditions. In addition we sponsor, Army Mountaineering, Army Cycling and Army Triathlon. Whilst also sponsoring the Army Football Challenge cup and providing secondary sponsorship of the Army Sailing Association.


In the following countries: Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Egypt, Turkey and Portugal, out-patient medical treatment (where you are not hospitalised) will be paid via ChargeCare International. This is provided the expenses are likely to cost less than £1000. All you need to do is provide a copy of your policy schedule to the doctor. Just be aware you may be required to pay your policy excess towards this.

Helivac Cover

If it’s deemed necessary by the 24 hour emergency medical services team, we would cover your helicopter evacuation. This would fall under your medical emergency expense cover which insures you up to £10 million. Just notify us and we will deal directly with the hospital and arrange payment of the bills. You must be in a scenario where a helicopter evacuation is medically necessary to use this cover.

Military Adventure Training Insurance Claims

Claims on our Adventure Training policy are handled by Millstream Underwriting Limited who have a trained claims team on hand to assist you.

In all scenarios please provide Millstream with the original tickets, booking forms and receipts in order to support your claim.

If your claim relates to the cancellation of your trip the travel agent, tour operator, provider of transport or accommodation must be contacted immediately so you can obtain cancellation invoices.

If you become ill or are injured you must speak with the emergency medical assistance service before you cut your trip short.

You can call the Emergency Assistance Service on:

+44 (0) 20 7183 3756

Or if you need to make a claim call:

+44 (0) 330 660 0549

Alternatively you can contact them via email on-

The team are available Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm

Military Adventure Training Insurance Articles & Guides

Learn more about the military:

Military Adventure Training Insurance FAQs

How is family defined?

Policyholder and spouse or partner living together for at least 6 months and their dependent children living at home aged 0-17 years (inclusive) (or under 23 if in full-time education and normally living at the family home) on the date of issue.

Am I covered for trips in my country of residence?

You are covered for trips within your country of residence if it is pre-booked, paid accommodation and for two nights or more. Please see our Important Information page for full details of the policy cover for trips within your country of residence.

Are Greenland and Iceland covered under Europe?

Greenland is classed as Worldwide and Iceland is Europe.

Is Russia covered under European policies?

Yes, as long as you’re travelling West of the Ural Mountains (including St. Petersburg and Moscow). All areas East of the Ural Mountains such as Siberia are classed as worldwide.

For group policies can I change the names of travellers after paying?

Yes, but only if advised to us before the departure date.

Am I covered for helicopter evacuation?

If it is deemed medically necessary for helivac then yes, the policy provides Emergency medical expenses cover up to £10m regardless of whether medical evacuation is required by road or air ambulance.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.