Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Military Contents Insurance

Worldwide insurance to cover a variety of needs for military personnel.

  • Designed for uniform and kit issued on a permanent or temporary basis
  • Liability to cover accidental damage to your mess or quarter accommodation
  • Cover for your civilian clothing and personal effects, including valuables and sports equipment

Start your military contents insurance quote online

Get a quote

Call the team to talk through your quote or ask a question

01242 533 784
01242 533 747

+44 outside UK. Weekdays 9am - 5pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Get £20 Amazon voucher when you take a new policy*

*Terms and conditions for our offer

Offer only available to new customers taking a military insurance policy over the phone. A minimum premium of £75 before Insurance Premium Tax and the Customer Service Charge is applicable. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts. Subject to underwriting acceptance. £20 voucher will be issued after one month of cover. Offer expires 31/09/2021 but can be withdrawn at any time. Calls may be recorded. 

Features of our Military Contents Insurance

Military kit and home contents insurance

Our right dress kit and home policy is a natural progression for people moving into married quarters or for serving personnel who live independently. It also offers you the ability to give us specific values for your kit cover depending on your role. That way we can provide you with a more personalised policy. To understand which policy is most suitable for you, please refer to the table below.

Flexible claims process

We accept that it’s not always possible to report incidents of loss straight away, especially whilst on deployment. As such, we are flexible with our claims process and ask that you report your losses no later than 180 days of becoming aware of the loss. Please do report to us as soon as you can though - as the quicker we know, the quicker we can resolve the claim for you.

New for old cover for military contents

We can insure your military and civilian clothing and personal effects including valuables and sports equipment. If your insured items are lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair the policy covers you for a replacement as new for everything except civilian clothing and bed linen, where a deduction will be made for wear and tear. We will always try to replace your goods with the same item or the closest equivalent model.

Military accommodation accidental damage cover

This policy will insure damage caused to your mess or quarter accommodation which you might otherwise have to pay for out of your own pocket. Remember, you won't be able to claim if you deliberately cause any damage.

Military Contents Insurance Claims

Simply call us and talk us through the details of the claim. We will advise you of the next steps and guide you through the process.

Call us or email us with: your policy number, a phone number to reach you on, details of your claim and photos where possible and relevant.

01242 533748

We're here to help Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm

Military Contents Insurance Articles & Guides

Learn more in our military hub:

Military Contents Insurance FAQs

Are my possessions covered while I'm on the move?

We understand that as part of military life you’re often on the move, which can mean experiencing loss or damage of kit and contents whilst travelling from one place to the next. As such, all our policies provide cover for your kit and contents to the value of the contents sums insured. This is applicable while they are in transit as long as it is a result of any MOD posting.

Where can I find cheap military kit insurance?

It’s important to consider the best value insurance rather than the cheapest. When you are comparing policies, compare both the price and the policy to ensure you are getting the cover you need not just a cheap policy.

Are my family's belongings also covered?

Our policies can cover your ‘family unit’, meaning family contents within the home are covered. Your personal effects cover can extend to your partner and children and also protects their personal possessions whilst away from home. You can also add cover for your children whilst away at school or university as long as the address details are specified.

Is accidental damage included in my military contents insurance?

Yes, if items you own, or are responsible for, are accidentally lost or damaged they are covered. As with most insurance policies, wear and tear and mechanical breakdown are not covered.

Does the excess increase if the claim is as a result of transit damage or because items were stolen from my car?

No, but if you leave items unattended in your car they must be locked out of sight in the boot or locked in a glove compartment. Leaving items on display or hidden under a coat on the back seat will only attract the attention of thieves.

How should I split the values of my home contents and items I take away with me?

All you have to do is show the full value of the items you own under each section. There is no need to insure personal items like watches and jewellery twice. The total value of all of the sections you select should then represent the total value of all of your contents and possessions. Remember - we insure you on a new for old basis so think how much you contents will cost to replace as new.

Can I pay for my military contents insurance by monthly Direct Debit?

If you want to know more about our monthly payment option, please read our dedicated page on Direct Debit.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.