Groundworkers Insurance

Protect your business and your clients fully with groundworkers insurance.

  • Flexible payment by instalments to help you spread the cost
  • Covers groundworkers working to depths of up to five metres
  • Can be extended to include any plant equipment for your work

Request a groundworkers insurance quote suited to your needs

Get a quote

Or contact us directly for a tailored groundworkers insurance policy:

0344 892 1664
0344 892 1664

Mon-Thu 8:30am-5.30pm, Fri 8:30am-5.00pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Features of our groundworkers insurance include:

Groundworkers liability insurance

Our groundworkers insurance provides public liability insurance for you. It protects you in the event of accidental damage to third-party property or bodily injury to members of the public for which you are legally liable, arising from your business activities as a groundworker.

Cover when transporting groundworkers equipment

To allow you flexibility to move your groundworking equipment efficiently, we offer cover against theft or damage while your machinery and tools are in transit.

Covers against damage to buildings and vehicles

Taking out groundworkers insurance covers you against the risks of working in a public environment, including accidental damage that can be caused to third-party buildings, property and vehicles arising from your work for which you are liable.

Meets statutory requirements for employees

We can insure you for groundworking staff on a per capita or wages and turnover basis to suit your requirements. Replacement employees insured automatically, because cover stays in place even when an employee leaves. This meets all your legal requirements for employee liability cover.

Groundworkers Insurance Claims

In the event of a claim please give us a call and we will talk through your claim and help guide you through your next steps in the process.

Need to make a claim?

Give us a call and we’ll help settle your claim

0330 1235 740

Groundworkers Insurance Articles & Guides

Get tips and advice from our industry experts to ensure you get the best out of your groundworkers insurance.

Tradesman Thumb

insurance guide

A Guide To Professional Tradesman Insurance Cover

Tradesman insurance is an umbrella term for any business or person who works performing a trade or service to the public. Yet with hundreds of different trades, how do you know what cover you might need? Our guide will help you understand liability insurance for trades, the different cover required and the types of trades we can insure

Business Invoicing


Business Invoicing

Client invoicing practiced in a clear and organised way will not only help you receive your cash sooner but will portray professionalism and provide evidence in the event of a non-payment or business insurance claim. We take a look at the top tips for best practice customer billing.

Groundworkers Insurance FAQs

Do you cover machinery as well?

Yes, we can extend your cover to include a range of handheld tools, and also plant equipment.

Do you cover work on public roads?

Yes, we can extend cover to all types of public road, including motorways.

Do you cover traffic management during groundworks?

This will generally be excluded as standard, but there is a specialist market available that can accommodate this work.

Are labour-only groundworking sub-contractors covered in the same way that direct PAYE staff are under the employer’s liability policy?

Yes. We can cover both types of groundworking employees for the same risks although it is very important to declare how your groundworking workforce are employed, as this will affect how your risks are calculated.

Can I pay in instalments?

To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.