Photography Insurance

Protect your passion with our photography cover.

  • Catering for famous professionals to keen amateurs, whether photography is your business or your hobby
  • Providing you with fast and efficient claims service so nothing gets in your way
  • 40% discount available to members of professional bodies

You can ask our team a question or ask for a call back by submitting an enquiry here

Get a Quote

We're just a call away for quotes or even if you'd just like to ask a question

0344 892 1636
0344 892 1636

We’re here for you Weekdays 9am - 5.30pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Tell us your story and we’ll help to find the cover that fits, here’s how:

Pro Photographer’s insurance

Start by insuring your photography equipment then add specific cover from the range of options listed below to build a policy fit for you. Due to the bespoke nature of this policy, it can be built to suit the exact insurance requirements of your business. You’ll have the option to add further cover as you go.


If you earn income from your photography but it is not your full time occupation, this policy has the cover for you. Choose the options which are right for your equipment and add additional business aspects where needed. Please check the star table below to see which options are available to you.

Amateur Insurance

Passionate about photography, but as a hobby rather than a profession? Our amateur photography insurance will suit your level of involvement. Don’t feel limited though, as you aspire to move up in photography and progress towards making it a career, we can enhance your cover as the business develops through a policy upgrade.

Additional services

We can help you find insurance solutions for a variety of different scenarios. If you take an interest in film or multimedia, we have policies which can help. In addition, we understand it can be more difficult to find home insurance if you’re storing your camera and photography equipment at your house, so we've sourced a policy for this too. Just ask the team for details, they will be more than happy to help.

Not sure which policy you need? We like to keep things simple so the table below shows the options available on each policy:
  Amateur Semi-Pro Pro
All risks cover for photographic and computer equipment
New for old
Theft from an unattended vehicle
45 days worldwide cover
Public liability available  
Employers Liability
Portfolio and stock cover available    
Transparencies, Prints and Negatives    
Business interruption    
Mobile Phone Cover and Buildings Cover    
Damage Resulting in Reshoot Costs (Limited to £20,000)    
Reinstatement of Data (Limited to £2,500)    

These are just some of the key features and exclusions, full details will be found in your policy wording. Show policy documents

It's the moment of truth, you need to make a claim:

Our claims are handled by one of our specialist multimedia insurance team, not another company. The team’s combined knowledge of photography equipment and the multimedia industry mean that with us, you’re in safe hands.

If something happens and you are unsure if a claim might arise, please don’t hesitate to get in contact anyway. We’re here to help and can discuss the circumstances without prejudicing your policy. Our aim is either to put your mind at rest or advise on the next steps you should take.

Please keep all information relevant to the claim; this will help us to handle your claim as efficiently as possible. Remember; do not admit liability until you have spoken with us.

I need to claim

Call us as soon as you can on:

01329 228700

If you are calling from the Republic of Ireland, please call 00 44 1329 228 700

Emergency out of business hours?

Never fear, we have a 24 hour emergency telephone number so you can still speak to a friendly advisor about your claim.

0500 114 477

Please quote the Camerasure scheme reference number - 23822800CHC

Photography insurance articles and guides

Interested in learning more about photography, camera insurance or business? Our hub has a wealth of useful information you can read up on:

The Greatest TED Talk Ever Sold


10 Must-Watch TED Talks for Business Owners

If you're a business owner, you may need some inspiration or advice at times. Let's face it, we all do! TED Talks bring amazing minds together to present their thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics - and there are a lot of ideas out there! To save you going through all of them, we've picked our top 10 for business owners.



Social Media for Small Business: A Guide

If you’re reading this, you already know the importance of the Internet for a business! More than ever, the Web, and social media in particular, is becoming the marketplace – so how can your small business make the most of social media? Let’s take some of the `mystery out of it with our guide to social media.

Customers rate our service at 93%

Based on 1184 independent customer reviews.

DateProductScoreCustomer Comment

Photography Insurance (New Policy Holder)


The information provided and the recomended package was tailor made for my needs and I was very pleased

Photography Insurance (Renewal)


I would give Towergate a good rating as they are easily contactable without being put on hold with endless information options, I often speak to the same person and because they are present at the trade shows it means I can put a face to the name as too. This means the whole experience is more personal.

Photography Insurance (Renewal)


Perfect in all respects

Photography Insurance (Renewal)


My previous house move was never recorded on their system and therefore it would have been unlikely that I would have been able to file a claim in the case of a break-in ...

Photography Insurance (New Policy Holder)


I have nothing but great things to say about Towergate Insurance. There staff were incredibly helpful, patient and most importantly knowledgeable.

I would definitely recommend them to my friends and colleagues.

Photography Insurance (New Policy Holder)


Really incredibly brilliant

Photography Insurance (New Policy Holder)


Good professional service. Would recommend

Photography Insurance (Renewal)


Fantastic and helpful staff

Photography Insurance (New Policy Holder)


George who dealt with my insurance was very professional, polite and when I enquired around an offer, he investigated and came back quickly with an answer for me. He explained everything very well and generally dealt with me in a very values based manner.

On 19-Apr-2016 the customer changed their rating and added:
Very comprehensive and very friendly and helpful.

See this exchange on Feefo

Photography Insurance (New Policy Holder)


Exemplary, personal service. I dealt with the same person every time I contacted Tower Gate, meaning he knew my personal circumstances and was able to help with my enquiry immediately, without any issue. I would Definitely recommend them.

More reviews

Get your quote today

Please take a few moments to fill in your details below so that one of our specialist advisors can call you back.

Photography Insurance

Photography Insurance

Thank you for taking the time to provide your details.

One of our trained advisors will be in touch with you very soon to discuss your requirements and offer further information of the cover options for your insurance.

In the meantime, if you have any questions and would like to speak to a member of the team, please contact us using the details given on this page.

Photography and Camera Insurance FAQs

How do I know the value of camera equipment I want to insure?

We replace your items on a new for old basis so; in the unfortunate event of a total loss you get the latest equivalent model as a replacement. By checking how much an equivalent replacement costs in the market today, you will get a good idea of the value you should insure your own equipment for. Don’t forget, if you are VAT registered you can deduct this element from your total value.

Is my equipment covered abroad?

We have a variety of covers available to suit your travel arrangements, from UK cover, to UK and Europe cover, to Worldwide.
Our standard cover is UK and 45 days world-wide; you do not need to notify us when you go abroad only if you exceed 45 days in any one policy year. If worldwide cover is selected – travel cover is unlimited however a maximum trip limit of 90 days in any one trip is applicable.
If you have any queries in respect of cover abroad please contact us.

Do I need to provide you with a list of my equipment?

The answer is no provided you have receipts and invoices for your equipment in the event of a claim.
If you are concerned that you may not have these then please supply an equipment list, and this can be good business practice to make sure that your sum insured is always adequate.

Is my equipment covered in the hold of an aircraft?

Yes, full cover is extended to equipment within the hold of an aircraft subject to the equipment being in a locked Peli Case or similar protective casing.

Is my equipment covered if I am distracted and it is stolen?

Yes, Towergate policies provide cover for "Open Theft" and this would include opportunist. This means we do not require signs of forcible or violent, entry or exit for the theft cover to be in force.

Under my previous insurance I made a claim, will this affect my cover?

We only need to know about claims you have made in the last five years. Each claim is considered on an individual basis and though some may have no effect on your policy, others might. Just make sure you let us know and we will talk you through it, failure to disclose a claim can invalidate your cover.

Do you only cover UK residents?

You can get cover if you are a resident of:
• United Kingdom
• Northern Ireland
• Isle of Man
• Channel Islands
• Eire (Professional/Professional indemnity and Semi-professional policies only)
Just remember that all sales for the Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Eire will be on a Non-advised basis. This means that we will not give you a specific recommendation as to which policy you should buy however, we will provide you with information to help you decide which policy is best for you.

Do I have to pay an excess in the event of a claim?

Yes, Towergate photography insurance excesses vary but full details can be found on your policy documents or you can contact one of the team.

Question not answered? Ask your own question