Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Service (Non-Public) Funds Insurance

Service non-public funds, modern military museums, charities and associated military businesses.

  • Specialists in the market for over 40 years
  • Bespoke service funds insurance solutions
  • Knowledgeable and professional service from our dedicated team

Submit an enquiry here

Make an Enquiry error retrieving broker login link

Call our specialist commercial military team to discuss your needs

01242 533 749
01162 407 733

+44 outside UK. Weekdays 9am - 5pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

We cover your property and liabilities:

Field team

Covering the UK and abroad, our field team have many years of service experience and are able to visit you on site where necessary.

Add cover for an event

At any point in your policy you can add cover for a one-off event, or if you are hosting regular events you can purchase this as a separate policy. Please request the cover specially using this form.

Cover for property in transit or storage, anywhere in the world

Specifically designed with HM forces in mind - we appreciate the nature of work the military are tasked with and your requirement to change location, potentially to anywhere in the world.

Commercial military insurance package

As specialists in a diverse range of insurances, our commercial military package can offer cover from other areas of the Towergate Group, such as marine, motor and charity trustee.

These are just some of the key features and exclusions, full details will be found in your policy wording. Show policy documents

Service (Non-Public) Funds Insurance Claims

For claims involving loss or damage to property or money, please complete our claims form. For liability claims you can send us an email, or give us a call to get things started.

Call us on 01242 533 748 or email us.

Service (Non-Public) Funds Insurance Articles & Guides

Learn more about Towergate and the military:

Service (Non-Public) Funds Insurance FAQs

What is my reference number?

Your client reference will appear as four letters followed by two digits, e.g. ABCD01.
Your various policy references will begin with two letters, such as MI followed by two digits e.g. MI01.

What is public liability insurance?

Often shortened to ‘PL’ this covers your legal responsibility to provide compensation to members of the public, who are injured or have their property damaged by negligence on your part.

What does my public liability insurance cover?

Your public liability insurance covers your general activities, conducted by you in your usual, non-duty or non-publicly funded capacity. Please be aware that this does not include events of a one-off nature, so please contact us to discuss your event. Be sure to check your policy wording for full exclusions.

We are holding an event, am I covered?

Unless specifically endorsed within the public liability section of your policy wording, please contact us to confirm whether cover is in place.
Cover for events are considered on a case-by-case basis, and depending on the circumstances may have an additional premium – to help us ensure we can provide the right cover for your needs, and to speed up the process, please send your enquiry to

Can you offer short period cover?

Yes, usually this is with regards to public liability insurance to indemnify the organisers of events of a one-off nature and activities not considered to be within your usual business conduct. We are also able to offer short period covers for property (e.g. silver or diving tanks), money and cancellation insurance.

What is employers' liability insurance?

As an employer you are responsible for the health and safety of your employees whilst they are at work. Should your employees be injured at work or become ill as a result they may be able to claim compensation. The Employers' Liability Act 1969 made employer's liability insurance compulsory in the UK for most businesses with employees. Employer's liability insurance enables your business to meet the cost of compensation awarded to injured employees as well as associated legal costs.

We don't have employees, does that mean we don't need employers' liability insurance?

Employers liability cover is not limited to those on a wage roll, and extends to the duty of care you may have to an person who is;
1. under a contract of service or apprenticeship with You
2. borrowed or hired by You
3. a labour master or supplied by a labour master
4. employed by labour only sub-contractors
5. self-employed
6. under work experience or training scheme
7. regarded as being in your employment in the terms of any contract or agreement
8. a voluntary helper while working under your control in connection with the Business
9. an out worker or homeworker while engaged on Your behalf
10. any other person delegated to handle funds and/or stock

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.