About Face Painting Insurance


Public and employers’ liability

Options include public and employers’ liability cover to protect you and any volunteers or employees if things go wrong.


Tailored quotes

Chat to a member of our specialist team to receive a quote that’s tailored to your specific needs.


Flexible packages

Some popular covers are available in easy packages, so all you need to do is choose a liability and equipment limit that suits your needs.

Direct Debit

Pay for your face painting insurance by Direct Debit

You can split your payment into 10 monthly instalments. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

Features of Face Painting Insurance

Public liability

Freelancer insurance to cover a range of businesses

Products available include public liability cover. This cover offers protects you in the event of a member of the public sustaining an injury or damage to their property because of your activity.

Theft or damage cover

Protects your face painting equipment from theft or accidental damage.

Employers’ liability

If you have employees, you are legally obliged to take out employers’ liability cover. This will cover your legal expenses or any compensation fees if an accident takes place.

Equipment hire costs

If you need to hire face painting equipment and it’s stolen or damaged, hire costs protection will protect you financially and enable you to keep on painting faces.

Face Painting Insurance FAQs


Do I need face painting insurance?


It depends. If you employ any staff you are legally required to have adequate employers’ liability cover. Also, certain venues will require that you have public liability cover in place before face painting at them – for example, in council-owned premises.


How much public liability should I cover myself for?


This will vary across different types of businesses. Towergate can offer public liability insurance policies with cover from £1 million up to £10 million or higher. The amount you need will depend on several aspects:

  • Your business activities
  • The type of locations and environments you are working in
  • The height or depth above/below ground level
  • The processes involved, particularly if these are of a high-risk nature involving any application of heat-work
  • The increasing court awards being made for personal injuries


What is employers' liability cover and why do I need it?


This is only a requirement if you have your own employees but if you do, then it is a legal requirement for you to have this insurance in place. The cover will protect employees and enable you to provide compensation for them if they have suffered an injury or illness, as a result of your negligence, during the course of their employment.


Can I pay in instalments?


To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.


Where can I find more information about monthly Direct Debit?


If you would like to know more about our monthly payment option, please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page.