Caterers Insurance

We can provide specialist cover for catering businesses to suit your needs whether you operate from a fixed site or specialise in catering at mobile events. When you grow your organisation, we grow your caterer’s insurance policy to match so you don’t feel restricted.

0333 207 0368

Mon - Thu 8.30am - 5.30pm, Fri 8.30am - 5.00pm

Request a callback

About Caterers Insurance


Liability and commercial cover for caterers

Caterers cover ranging from combined liability packages to bespoke commercial policies if you own premises or if you supply equipment tables and chairs in addition to the catering.


Tailored catering insurance

Flexible options so you only pay for what your business requires.


Dedicated catering claims service

Experts claim handlers to give you peace of mind.

Direct Debit

Pay for your caterers insurance by Direct Debit

You can choose to split your payment into ten monthly instalments. Please read our dedicated page on Direct Debit.

Features of Caterers Insurance

Standard cover

Catering for everyone's cover needs

From mobile caterers for events like weddings, bar mitzvahs, everyday snack food venders, pizza and burger vans to canteens and venders in hotels and other establishments. You can all be classed as caterers so the best way to establish your needs properly is to talk us through your catering business insurance.

Flexible catering cover

We understand that catering is a seasonal business which may mean your staff numbers will vary throughout the year. As such, our cover is adaptable to your business needs.

Catering equipment insurance

All the equipment that your business needs can be insured to or from an event as well as when in use and afterwards whilst in storage. In addition, we can include temporarily hired in equipment against loss or damage.

Insurance that grows with your catering business

As time goes on and you start to expand your business, our policies adapt to your new circumstances so you don’t need to think about new insurance.

Caterers Insurance FAQs


Can I get cover if I need to employ subcontractors?


Yes. If you need to add a new employee for a specific event (e.g. a sushi chef for a particular wedding) we can add them to your policy, so you’re still covered.


I've been turned down before because I serve alcohol, can you cover me?


We try to cover as many different circumstances as possible for our customers. If you are a licenced trade then this is not usually a problem for us to cover.


What is product liability cover and why do I need it?


Product liability cover covers your legal responsibility for accidental injuries or damage caused by your products to members of the public. If you serve food this could be related to food poisoning. If you supply or sell specific products or equipment, then the cover will protect you for allegations of personal injury caused by the malfunction or defect from those products. It all depends upon the services you offer. Speak to a member of our team who will help provide an insurance solution.


What is public liability cover and why do I need it?


Public liability covers you for claims made by the public if they are injured, or their property is damaged from an accident caused by your business. It is common for councils and local authorities to insist on minimum levels of cover, as high as £5m and £10 million depending upon the numbers in attendance.

Because of the accumulation risk, the level of public liability insurance for catering should be tailored for a range of events and scenarios. A good starting point is to speak with local authorities and establish a minimum.


Can I pay in instalments?


To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.


Where can I find more information about monthly Direct Debit?


If you would like to know more about our monthly payment option, please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0344 892 1384 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim