Catering Vans and Trailers Insurance

Specialist insurance for mobile and static catering vans, with up to £10 million in liability insurance. Cover for hot and cold food catering, including burger vans, ice cream vans, mobile shops, catering trailers and more.

01536 486060

Monday to Friday 9am-5pm

Request a callback

About Catering Vans and Trailers Insurance

Test Icon1

Flexible catering van cover

Catering insurance to cover hot or cold products, including food trucks, mobile shops and more.

Test Icon2

Insurance for caterers on the move

Cover for both mobile trailers and static catering units

Test Icon3

Catering liability insurance

Outside caterer liability insurance for up to £10 million

Test Icon4

Pay by Direct Debit

You can split your catering van trailer insurance payments into equal monthly instalments

Features of Catering Vans and Trailers Insurance

Standard cover

Protecting your vehicle, fixtures, and fittings

As a mobile caterer, you will require a specialist mobile catering van and trailer insurance policy. This will not only cover your business use when travelling to different catering locations, but it will also provide cover for your catering vehicle and permanent fixtures and fittings, meaning that your equipment is fully covered too. Our professional catering policies include full fire cover, which is particularly important if you have any hot food or electrical appliances on board.

Optional covers to protect against income loss

Being a mobile caterer, losing income and clients may pose a serious threat to the sustainability of your business. We offer a range of optional covers to either prevent or mitigate this risk. These optional extras for mobile catering van insurance include, legal expenses cover and the supply of a replacement catering vehicle - allowing you to continue trading in the event of damages caused by a non-fault incident. You can also protect your business by choosing one of our additional covers including, business equipment, business interruption, loss of stock and money, frozen foods cover, and catering legal expenses.

Mobile catering liability insurance

Our mobile catering policy covers you for damages and potentially expensive legal costs resulting from injury, disease, or accidental damage. We offer public, product and employers' liability insurance for up to £10 million each, allowing you to cater for the largest of events - such as music festivals - which comes with complimentary cover for loss of stock and money.

Protecting your future

We understand your catering vehicles are treasured possessions and often investments on which your income is entrusted. For all the alterations and additions you’ve made, we’ll assess your requirements and look to find the most suitable cover for you. This means that, as your business grows – and you make changes, buy new vehicles, or take on more staff – your policy will adapt to suit your needs as you go along. Discuss them with one of our experts who can help you to understand the risks and how to stay protected.

Catering Vans and Trailers Insurance FAQs


Can I cover more than one vehicle on my policy?


We cannot cover more than one catering vehicle on an individual insurance policy. We can, however, offer a fleet solution where applicable and subject to the insurer’s terms and conditions.


Can you cover catering trailers as well as vans?


Yes, we can offer you a separate policy to cover a catering trailer.


Can you insure my private car?


We cannot provide cover for private vehicles under catering van insurance. However, we can transfer you to one of our Towergate facilities who do quote for car insurance.


Will my stock be covered as part of my catering van insurance?


Your food stock will be covered, up to a certain level, but alcohol will not be covered by your catering van insurance policy.


Will my catering van insurance policy cover business interruption?


Your catering van insurance policy will cover business interruption to a certain extent. Speak to an adviser for more details.


Are there any exclusions?


Please see your policy wording for a full list of exclusions.


Can I pay for my catering van and trailer insurance in instalments?


If you would prefer to spread the cost of your policy, you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our Regulatory Information.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on the claims number in your policy document and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim