Bakers and Bakeries Insurance

We can offer tailored bakery and bakers commercial package cover designed to protect you and your bakery, be it large or small. You’ll need to cover your ovens and stock for loss or damage, as well as any consequent business interruption that arises. Flexible policies to include public, products and employers’ liability, as well as property damage and delivery.

0344 892 1664

Mon - Thu 8.30am-5.30pm, Fri 8.30am-5pm

Email us for a call back

About Bakers and Bakeries Insurance


Flexible stock cover

25% seasonal increase in stock cover over busy periods and celebrations at Christmas and Easter


Legal Expense insurance for bakeries

Free legal cover up to £100,000 is a benefit of most bakery package policies


Dedicated bakeries claims service

Experts claim handlers to give you peace of mind

Direct Debit

Pay for your bakers insurance by Direct Debit

You can choose to split your payments into 10 monthly instalments

Features of Bakers and Bakeries Insurance

Standard cover

Bakery stock contents cover

As part of your bakers and bakeries insurance, we can provide stock and contents insurance for your bakery products – bread, cakes, pasties, pies and more. Flexible sums insured tailored for you. We can also include goods in transit cover if you make deliveries.

Bakery product liability cover

We can include product liability insurance for food produced and sold by your bakery, covering you for allegations of food poisoning by customers. The potential risks of allergic reactions suffered by customers arising from your bakery's products, will also be protected, provided you have followed the necessary food and hygiene regulations.

Business interruption cover for you bakery

Business interruption cover is included in our bakers and bakery insurance policies. Fire and flood cover will help you pay continuing overheads during the recovery period immediately after an insured damage to your bakery. Depending on the policy arranged this could be up to 24 months in the most serious of claims.

Public and employers liability for bakeries

Our employers liability cover comes as standard cover and protects your legal responsibilities if you employ staff. Our public liability insurance provides you with protection for injury to customers should they allege injury while on your premises.

Bakers and Bakeries Insurance FAQs


Will I be covered if someone has an allergic reaction to food my bakery has sold?


Yes, as long as you follow the appropriate food and hygiene regulations taking appropriate precautions ensuring allergy information is assessed and made clear. (For example, if a product contains nuts, it must be stated on the product packaging when sold or supplied).


Will I be covered if someone gets food poisoning?


Yes, this is covered under the products liability section of your bakers and bakery insurance policy. Cover clicks in from the point that an allegation is made against you or your business, including legal defence costs. In the event that you are found to be at fault the policy will pay the compensation awards.


Do I need to tell you if I hire more staff?


Not normally, as our package policies will provide cover for all staff employed during the policy year. A variety of policies are available. For SME Bakers employers liability insurance can be provided on a blanket basis for all employees without premium adjustment.

For larger businesses with many employees, employers’ liability cover can be arranged on an adjustable premium basis, All staff are covered and there’s no need to tell us of leavers and joiners. Having paid a deposit premium at the start of the policy, the premium is adjusted at the end, based on a declaration of actual wages paid during the policy period.


Can you insure me if I have more than one bakery?


Yes, our bakers and bakery insurance can cover multiple premises.


Can I pay for my bakers and bakeries insurance in instalments?


To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.


Where can I find more information about monthly Direct Debit?


If you would like to know more about our monthly payment option, please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0344 892 1384 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim