Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Theatre Insurance

Tailored cover for theatres. Our cover protects your buildings, contents, set, stage, performers, cancelled events and more.

  • Insurance for theatres, production companies, workshops and performance arts organisations
  • Additional discounts and exclusivity for The Little Theatre Guild members
  • Underwritten by insurers such as Hiscox, Zurich, Aviva, Allianz and Ecclesiastical

Tell us a bit about your theatre or drama group and we'll be in touch

Get a quote error retrieving broker login link

Get a requirement review and quote over the phone

0116 240 7915
0116 240 7915

Mon - Fri 9:00am - 5.00pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Set the scene with our theatre insurance, whether you run a business or theatre group:

Theatre contents insurance

Your property, equipment, set and stage is key to a great performance. That’s why we include many types of protection for things like technical equipment, lights and rigs, musical instruments, props, sets and costumes. So whether it’s for theft or an accidental breakage, you can pick and choose the cover you need.

Theatre liability insurance

Your performers, staff and guests are the life and soul of your theatre. So our theatre policies include optional levels of public and employers liability insurance for their protection. Our business interruption cover can provide a pay out if an incident means you have to stop trading. We even offer our customers a free online risk management service which provides document templates, online training and regulatory updates.

Cancellation & non-appearance insurance

No one ever wants to cancel a performance, not after all the work that gone in and with expecting guests queuing round the street. We have specialist cancellation protection to cover you if the show really can’t go on. So in the event of an insured peril (such as a delayed flight for the performers, or a fire in the building) we can pay out to cover the loss of income and reputation.

Drama groups insurance

If you have a theatre or drama group you may want to have specific insurance for them, as well as your business. Our liability package covers you to hold rehearsals and performances on your premises but we can also include optional travel insurance specifically for performance groups too. This includes medical expenses, cancellation, equipment cover and personal belongings and is priced based on how much you travel.

These are just some of the key features and exclusions, full details will be found in your policy wording. Show policy documents

Theatre Insurance Articles & Guides

Get tips and advice from our industry experts to ensure you get the best out of your theatre insurance.

Liability Infographic Final News Header


Liability Insurance: An Infographic Guide

If you're a business owner, the likelihood is you'll need some liability insurance. Our infographic explains why it's so important to get covered and the circumstances in which you'll need public, professional, employers, product and director's and officer's liability insurance.

Soc Med Image


Social Media for Small Business: A Guide

If you’re reading this, you already know the importance of the Internet for a business! More than ever, the Web, and social media in particular, is becoming the marketplace – so how can your small business make the most of social media? Let’s take some of the `mystery out of it with our guide to social media.

Theatre Insurance FAQs

What is the online risk management service?

Theatre Safe is our free service designed to help small to medium size theatres and companies navigate the world of risk and risk management. It includes template documents to help assess and manage the risks you face as a business plus, online training and regular updates to changes and development in this area.

We use fire and pyrotechnics in some of our performances. Can you include cover for this?

We are well positioned in the insurance market to source the best cover for things like pyrotechnics and aerial displays. Due to the higher risk involved, it does shorten the list of possible policies available but we will be sure to provide the best available option we can find.

Many of our staff are volunteers. Do we need insurance for them?

The short answer is yes. Anyone working on behalf of your company either paid (full time or part time), interns, volunteers, contractors and in some cases, performers can be classed as employees. It is therefore your legal responsibility to make sure you have adequate cover in place for their protection.

We hire out our space for private, non-performance related events, will we be covered for these too?

Yes, we can provide the correct cover for private or public events and even open air events and those away from the theatre itself. Simply make us aware of your requirements when you speak with one of our advisers.

Do you have experience in the arts yourself?

Absolutely, not only do we have a long history in providing specialist insurance to niche industries but Kenny Robinson, an Account Executive in our theatre insurance department has 36 years experience in the theatre as a performer, designer, director and choreographer with BA Drama from Wits University. For the last 15 years he has been heavily involved with the Little Theatre Guild central region members as a performer/director and served on the committee of The Loft Theatre in Leamington Spa as Artistic and Technical Director. If Kenny is happy with a policy in this area, this is when we know it’s ready to be sold!

Can I pay in instalments?

To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.