Videographer Insurance

We pride ourselves on our diverse range of policies designed to meet the needs of the Film, Video and Multimedia Industry.

  • Our policies can provide flexible cover for your video production and specialist equipment
  • We can offer short term insurance for your hired equipment or cover under a full production package
  • We have a fast and efficient claims team right here in the office so you won’t be passed from pillar to post

Start your videographer insurance quote online

Make an enquiry

Speak to the team to set up videographer insurance today

0344 892 1636
0344 892 1636

We’re here for you Weekdays 9am - 5.30pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Our videographer insurance includes video, film and multimedia insurance

We can cover you at any stage on your career

We have three annual policies to suit videographer's at any stage in their career. Each has a different level of cover so you can simply choose video equipment insurance, or if videography is your career you can add cover for your business. Please remember that none of the policies will cover damage caused by general wear and tear. Check out the table below to compare cover and choose your policy. For more unique policies and short terms covers keep on reading…

Short Term and Annual Production Insurance

Our annual policy is ideal if you are producing all year round in the form of corporate events, shooting webisodes or shooting promotional content for advertising agencies. The policy is designed for frequent use of hired equipment along with liability protection for production team members. You can choose short term cover too. Whether you are shooting a Music video, or a Short Film for a festival or a Sporting Event, we can get you covered under our Short Term Production insurance.

Broadcast & Film Production Insurance

Whether you are producing a documentary for broadcasters, or shooting a Feature Film for Worldwide release, you will require Production Insurance. We protect you against costs for cast, crew and film equipment should the shoot be interrupted. Just note- acts of fraud or dishonesty by employees will not be covered. You can cover shoots in the UK, EU or Worldwide and we can work with you to establish the best way to get all bases covered. Taking out the right insurance can ensure the time and effort you've committed to a project is protected.

Freelancer Insurance

Here we ensure wider covers are provided for the solo freelancer using high value equipment. Whether you’re a Cameraman using a Steadicam, a Sound Recordist, an Audio and Lighting Technician or a Grip, we can arrange the right cover for you through Multimedia insurers Hiscox Insurance plc. This cover is not available online so speak with our team and we'll arrange this for you.

Not sure which policy you need? We like to keep things simple so the table below shows the options available on each media insurance policy:

  Amateur Semi-Pro Pro
All risks cover for Technical Video and computer equipment
New for old
Theft from an unattended vehicle
45 days worldwide cover
Public liability available  
Employers Liability
Hired equipment cover    
Legal cover    
Business interruption    
Mobile Phone Cover and Buildings Cover    
Damage Resulting in Reshoot Costs (Limited to £20,000)    
Reinstatement of Data (Limited to £2,500)    

These are just some of the key features and exclusions, full details will be found in your policy wording. Show policy documents

Videographer Insurance Claims

Our claims are handled in-house by one of our specialist multimedia insurance team. Their knowledge of video equipment and the multimedia industry mean that you are in safe hands.

If something happens and you are unsure if a subsequent claim will arise, we recommend that you contact us anyway. We’re here to help and can discuss the circumstances without prejudicing your policy. We can either put your mind at rest or advise on the best way forward. You should not admit liability until you have spoken with us.

I need to claim

Call us as soon as you can on:

01489 770 325

If you are calling from the Republic of Ireland, please call: 00 44 1489 770 325

Please keep all information relevant to the claim; this will help us to handle your claim as efficiently as possible. Remember; do not admit liability until you have spoken with us.

Emergency out of business hours?

Never fear, we have a 24 hour emergency telephone number so you can still speak to a friendly advisor about your claim.

Call our 24 hour claims helpline on:

0500 114477

Please quote the Camerasure scheme reference number - 23822800CHC

Videographer Insurance Articles & Guides

We know more than just multimedia and film, read more from Towergate

Istock 000038552080 Full

insurance guide

Turning Your Hobby into a Career

Nearly two in five employees (39%) are so fed up at work that they’re thinking of leaving their job to start their own business. New research out today from Towergate Insurance reveals that men are currently more willing to take the plunge and start a new venture, with 44% considering starting up their own business, compared to 34% of women.

The Greatest TED Talk Ever Sold


10 Must-Watch TED Talks for Business Owners

If you're a business owner, you may need some inspiration or advice at times. Let's face it, we all do! TED Talks bring amazing minds together to present their thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics - and there are a lot of ideas out there! To save you going through all of them, we've picked our top 10 for business owners.



Social Media for Small Business: A Guide

If you’re reading this, you already know the importance of the Internet for a business! More than ever, the Web, and social media in particular, is becoming the marketplace – so how can your small business make the most of social media? Let’s take some of the `mystery out of it with our guide to social media.

Videographer Insurance FAQs

Can I get liability insurance for videography?

Our Semi-Pro policy includes optional media liability insurance – public and product. If you have employees then you'll be legally required to get employers liability insurance, which is available with our Pro policy.

How do I know the value of equipment I want to insure?

You can check how much your multimedia equipment should be insured for by finding the price of the equivalent model on the market today. Because we replace your items on a new for old basis, the price for the latest version of your equipment is a good place to start when deciding values for insurance. Don’t forget, if you are VAT registered can deduct this from your value!

Is my equipment covered abroad?

We have a variety of covers available to suit your travel arrangements, from UK cover, to UK and Europe cover, to Worldwide. Our standard cover is UK and 45 days world-wide; you do not need to notify us when you go abroad only if you exceed 45 days in any one policy year. If worldwide cover is selected – travel cover is unlimited however a maximum trip limit of 90 days in any one trip is applicable. Under our Multimedia policy there is no limit on the number of days you can spend abroad. If you have any queries in respect of cover abroad please contact us.

Do I need to provide you with a list of my multimedia equipment?

Provided you have receipts and invoices for your equipment in the event of a claim, a list of your video equipment won’t be necessary. If you do need to make a claim we will ask for proof of purchase for the item in question. We advise you keep hold of any receipts or invoices, that way if you do need to claim you will have them handy. If you are concerned that you may not have these then please supply an equipment list, and this can be good business practice to make sure that your sum insured is always adequate.

Is my video equipment covered in the hold of an aircraft?

Yes, full cover is extended for multimedia equipment stored within the hold of an aircraft. This aspect of cover is subject to the equipment being locked in a protective casing, like a Peli Case.

Is my video equipment covered if I am distracted and it is stolen?

Yes, our video and multimedia policies cover “open theft” or “opportunistic theft” therefore we do not need to see signs of forcible or violent, entry or exit for a claim to be valid. You should always report any theft to the police.

Do you only cover UK residents?

We mainly cover UK residents but we also include our closest neighbours:
Northern Ireland
Isle of Man
Channel Islands
Eire (Professional/Professional indemnity and Semi-professional policies only)
Just remember that all sales for the Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Eire will be on a Non-advised basis. This means that we will not give you a specific recommendation as to which policy you should buy however, we will provide you with information to help you decide which policy is best for you.

Do I have to pay an excess in the event of a claim?

Towergate videographer insurance excesses vary but full details can be found on your policy documents.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.

Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter

Newsletter Terms and Conditions

By signing up to Towergate’s newsletter you are agreeing to receive quarterly email communications containing a range of news, top-tips, competitions and occasional offers for insurance products and/or services. Our newsletters are designed to keep you up to date with what we’re involved in, as well as other advice and content that we think you might find interesting.

Should you wish to unsubscribe please click here, or email with your details so we can carry out your request.