Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Business Premises Insurance

Business premises insurance can combine public, product and employers' liability, building cover, and manufacturing, stock and goods-in-transit protection under one policy.

  • Build your own bespoke insurance policy suited to your business premises
  • Flexible limits for stock to cover seasonal increases for busy times of year
  • Product liability cover can be extended to goods imported from China

Request a business premises insurance quote online

Get a quote error retrieving broker login link

Call our dedicated business premises team to talk through your options:

0344 892 1664
0344 892 1664

Mon-Thu 8:30am-5.30pm, Fri 8:30am-5.00pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Features of our business premises insurance include:

Buildings cover for your commercial premises

We can provide a range of buildings cover to suit any type and size of business premises available to you. This will protect you for escape of water, accidental damage, fire and more (see your policy document for full details). Cover can also be extended to include malicious damage.

Employers' liability cover

If you employ staff, employers' liability is a legal requirement. We can include this in your business premises policy, therefore covering you for all safety-related incidents and accidents on site, including use of tools and equipment (for example forklift trucks) where you are alleged to be at fault.

Public liability cover for your business premises

Each business premises is different but for many public liability insurance is essential. This provides cover for claims against you from third parties who have been injured or had their property damaged at your business premises due to negligence. We can offer flexible limits to suit your needs, particularly smaller businesses premises with less interaction with the public.

Contents, stock and goods-in-transit cover

We can insure any items within your business premises which are removable, such as furniture and computer equipment, as contents on a new-for-old replacement basis. If your premises contains stock, we can provide cover both when it is at the premises and when the goods are in transit. We also offer flexible limits for stock to cater for busy times of the year.

Business Premises Insurance Claims

If and when it comes to the crunch and you need to make a claim, we'll send the details of your claim to the insurer to get your claim resolved as quickly as possible.

If there are any complications with your claim, we’ll follow this up with the insurer and keep you updated with the progress of your claim.

Call us on:

0344 892 1384

We're here to help Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm

Business Premises Insurance Articles & Guides

Read more about business from Towergate:

Directors And Officers

insurance guide

Office Insurance Explained

Read our guide to office insurance for in-depth explanations of the features, exclusions and optional cover to make sure your office and business is properly protected.

View insurance guide

insurance guide

What is Liability Insurance?

There are three main types of liability insurance. Each has a slightly different focus and will protect your business from different, potentially costly, scenarios. If you've ever asked yourself "What is liability insurance?" then look no further - our guide explains what these different covers offer.

Stock Insurance 1

insurance guide

Shop Insurance Guide

Our guide explains the features and exclusions of shop and retail insurance.

Business Premises Insurance FAQs

Is there a minimum level of cover I have to purchase?

No. Our business premises insurance can be designed to be as large or as small as you need for your business, to avoid you paying more than you need to for your cover.

Am I covered financially if I cannot use my premises due to an incident?

We offer business interruption cover to recompense loss of profit you incur if you have to close your business premises to deal with the issues caused by an incident for which you are covered, such as a break in, burst pipe, fire, etc. This includes money for setting up temporary premises.

Check your policy document for details of which incidents you are covered for.

What happens if I need extra stock for busy times of year?

We can offer three months of 'seasonal' cover, where you can increase your stock by an agreed percentage above your standard insurance limit. This means that during busy times of the year, such as Christmas and Easter, you do not need to amend your policy limits to cater for extra stock. If you want to to add this cover, just speak to your adviser.

Can you cover my equipment outside of my business premises?

Yes, through an 'all risks' section we can add to your package. This will cover items taken outside of the insured business premises, for example laptops and other equipment when being taken to external meetings.

Can you cover money kept on my business premises?

Yes, we can add this cover to your business premises policy, thought there may be terms on how we wish you store cash so as to minimise risk. See your policy documents or talk to your adviser for details.

I work from home, do I still need a business premises insurance policy?

Yes, you will need home business insurance, including to cover your business equipment, if this is not covered by your normal home insurance. You will also need to cover your liabilities resulting from your business activities, and this is usually an exclusion in home insurance policies.

Can I pay in instalments?

To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.