Chauffeur Insurance

Flexible chauffeur insurance, including a wide range of cover levels and liability options to choose from. Insurance for all executive cars, with optional breakdown and replacement vehicle cover add-ons.

01903 875420

Weekdays 9am - 6pm, Saturdays 9am – 1pm

Email us for a call back

About Chauffeur Insurance


Wide range of vehicles insured

Cover for all executive cars, including all plate-exempt vehicles


Flexible chauffeur insurance

From third-party only to comprehensive chauffer cover


Breakdown cover for chauffeurs (optional)

Including separate onward travel to get your clients to their destination


Replacement vehicle cover (optional)

Replacement vehicle of similar class in the event of a non-fault accident

Features of Chauffeur Insurance

Standard cover

We cover a wide range of vehicles including executive and prestige vehicles

Our chauffeur car insurance policies can cover any type of vehicle , including limousines, prestige car rentals and luxury saloons. Cover can be provided for single cars, or a fleet of vehicles, for chauffeur or executive use.

24-hour claims assistance (optional cover)

We have a dedicated team available 24 hours a day who will work to keep you on the road. In the event of a non-fault accident, we’ll do our utmost to provide you with a replacement vehicle which will be up to par with your clients’ high standards. We can also provide loss of earnings cover to help you should you be unable to conduct business following an accident.

Levels of chauffeur insurance cover

Depending on your budget and the requirements of your local council, we can provide wide ranging cover starting with third-party cover only. Plus, we’ll explain all aspects of your policy so if you’re unsure of the difference between passenger liability and public liability, we’ll make sure you understand what you’re paying for and how it can protect you and your business.

Areas we cover chauffeurs

Our experience has shown us that different councils require different levels of cover for their private hire vehicles and we’ll be able to advise you on the most appropriate chauffeur cover for you.

Chauffeur Insurance FAQs


What is the difference between passenger and public liability, and do I need both?


Passenger liability provides cover for a member of the public who is injured when they are in your vehicle, or when they are entering or exiting your vehicle. This cover is provided on every vehicle policy issued in the UK. Public liability provides cover for any member of the public who you are legally responsible for between your vehicle and any premises they are entering or exiting. Consider an airport drop off; if you’ve got your clients’ luggage out of your vehicle, you leave them unattended and a member of the public trips over them - you could be held liable for any resulting injuries or damage. Depending on your insurer, this cover may already be included, or may be available at an additional cost.


What payment options are available?


We offer a number of ways to pay for your premium, including credit facilities over 9, 10, 11 or 12 months (subject to an interest charge). Credit & Debit cards and cheques are also accepted for full or partial payment. Credit cards are subject to a 2.5% charge.


Am I able to drive other cars on my chauffeur insurance policy?


As your insurance is a commercial policy, no hire and reward policy issued in the UK or Gibraltar provides cover for driving other vehicles.


Can my spouse drive my business vehicle too?


From an insurance perspective, your spouse can be named as an additional driver on any chauffeur/hire insurance policy, but you must let us know. Speak with the team for more information.


Do I have to tell you about all incidents?


Insurers need to know about any accidents, incidents, or loss that you have been involved in on any motor policy within the last 5 years. This can include any policy where you were the policyholder, and a named driver was involved in an accident or incident that occurred whilst you were driving. You will also need to advise us of any claims involving fire, theft, malicious damage, or glass.



How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 01903 875420 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim