Sml Shield

Trusted by over 400,000 with their insurance needs

Sml Star

Our service is rated ‘Excellent’ on Feefo

Sml Agent (1)

Over 2000 insurance specialists ready to support you

What is Accidental Damage Landlord Insurance?

The cost of your landlord insurance will depend on many factors. Everything from the type of cover you need, to the property’s location, construction, occupation and values to be insured.

Accidental damage landlord insurance is designed to cover you for accidents, such as unintentional breakage or spillages, that are due to you, your tenants, or visitors.

Our landlord contents insurance can include accidental and malicious damage cover.

Up Arrow

What is landlord contents insurance?

Landlords contents within common parts of a building is often included as part of a landlord insurance package. However, where properties are let on a furnished basis, cover is not automatically included and you should mention this to your insurance adviser so that cover can be tailored for you.

This type of insurance is intended to cover loss or damage caused to landlords contents by a range of insurance perils such as fire, water damage and theft, affecting any items belonging to the landlord within the premises.

Some policies can include accidental damage, but note that not all will cover accidental loss or damage caused by tenants. It is important for you to identify the cover you need.

Up Arrow

Landlords contents insurance from Towergate

See our landlord contents insurance page, get a landlords contents insurance quote online or call 0344 892 1664 for more information.

Up Arrow

Landlords insurance from Towergate

We provide landlord insurance for a wide range of properties and tenants including multi occupancy, students, local authority placements, unoccupied and much more.

See our landlord insurance page, get a landlords insurance quote online or call 0333 060 0915 for more information.

Up Arrow

About the author

Alison Wild Bcom Hons MAAT MATT Taxation Technician Commercial Tax Pensions Insurance And Marketing Specialist AuthorAlison Wild BCom (Hons), MAAT, MATT, Taxation Technician is a highly respected industry professional who has been working with and advising SMEs in areas including tax, pensions, insurance and marketing for over 25 years. She is a member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and Association of Tax Technicians (ATT) and also has 20 years' experience as a residential landlord.