Celebrity, Actor and Sportsman Car Insurance

About Celebrity, Sportsman and Actors Car Insurance


Client service excellence

We’ve been awarded Investor in Customers Gold 2021 and Platinum Trusted Service Award Feefo 2022, based on our customer reviews and ratings for our dedication to excellent customer service.


Specialist claims handlers

Our claims team are available 24/7, so you can get in touch and start your claim as soon as you need to. 


Choice of quality insurers

We can arrange cover with some of the UK’s best-known insurance providers, including ERS, Hiscox, Aviva, Zurich and Chubb.

Direct Debit

Pay by Direct Debit

You can spread the cost of your cover by paying with monthly instalments by Direct Debit

Features of Celebrity, Actor and Sportsman Car Insurance

Standard cover

Cover for high value vehicles

We can arrange cover for high value, luxury cars. We look at each policy on an individual basis to make sure every customer finds what they need from their car insurance.

Say hello to our panel of trusted insurers

We work with leading insurers we carefully select, helping you to find the right policy from a trusted brand. Our providers underwrite every policy to meet your needs.

Breakdown cover

We can include breakdown cover as an add-on to your policy.

Flexible car cover

We can arrange two levels of car insurance: (1) Third-party fire and theft – cover to a third party for injury and damage if your car is in an accident, and cover for your own vehicle as a result of fire or if it is stolen; (2) Comprehensive – also includes accidental damage to your car in an accident.

Celebrity, Sportsman and Actors Car Insurance FAQs


Can I speak to a real person?


Yes, our friendly team of advisors are here to talk you through any questions about arranging your cover. They’ll guide you through the decision-making process with their specialist knowledge. If you’d rather speak to the same person every time you call us, just let us know.


What is an insurance excess?


This is the first part of each claim which you (not your insurer) must pay. There are two types of excess:

Compulsory excess - this is an excess that has been applied as a requirement by your insurer and will vary according to your personal circumstances and the terms of cover provided. A compulsory excess may be required if you drive a particular vehicle or you have inexperienced drivers on your policy. There is also a compulsory excess for fire, theft, windscreen claims or malicious damage.

Voluntary excess - This will apply where you agree with your insurer to pay a greater part of each claim, in addition to your compulsory excess. A voluntary excess can be increased or decreased at your request during your online quotation and it may affect your premium.


If I have an accident and I do not wish to make a claim, do I still have to notify my insurer?


Yes, you should inform your insurer of any incident the insured vehicle is involved in, so that your policy is always fully up to date, even if no claim is to be made. All incidents should be reported to 0800 9537 537.


What is Towergate Private Clients?


The Towergate Private Clients team can provide tailored insurance advice and services to suit your unique lifestyle. Our Private Clients service makes it easier to protect your most valuable assets with the best cover for your needs.


Why might I be asked for a credit check to buy this type of insurance?


Insurers may ask you to consent to a credit check for a quotation as it may affect the rate that they charge. In addition, a credit check is required if you choose to pay by instalments via our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited.


I have points on my license, can you provide me with a quote?


We are here to help you find a policy that meets your requirements. We have access to a panel of insurers who we will approach for a quotation.


Do I need to let you know if I have a drink or drug-related driving conviction?


Yes, we do need to know of any unspent drink or drug-related convictions.


What is a No Claims Bonus (NCB)?


This is a discount awarded for the completion of 12 months of continuous claim free insurance. No Claims Bonus can only be earned and used in your own name and on one vehicle at a time. It is not acceptable if it expired more than 3 years prior to the inception of your new policy. Your No Claims Bonus is reduced after a fault claim (please refer to your policy wording for more details). If you are unsure if your No Claims Bonus is valid you can call our experienced advisors on 01792 522622 who will be happy to help and advise you. Some insurers will allow up to a period of 3 years after cancellation.


Fault and non-fault claims - what is the difference?


A fault claim is any claim resulting in your insurer being liable (paying for the claim). For example, you are not to blame for a theft claim but your insurer would be liable, as they have no other party to recover the costs from.

If your insurer pays for your damages in the event of a claim, for example where a third party hit your vehicle, but then re-coups their costs via the third party's insurer, this would be a non-fault claim as your insurer was not liable.


What is an immobiliser?


An electronic immobiliser is a device fitted to the vehicle that disables the engine of your vehicle when it is not in operation by you. Some newer vehicles have these factory fitted by the manufacturer and are normally shown within your vehicle brochure. It is also possible to have one fitted by a garage or specialist, who would supply a certificate of installation detailing the exact model of your vehicle's immobiliser. A copy of your fitment certificate may be required.

A manual immobiliser is a device which is usually placed on the steering wheel or gear lever of your vehicle.

There are two types of Thatcham graded immobiliser:

T2 = An immobiliser that has been judged to comply to the Thatcham criteria.

T1 = An alarm/immobiliser combination that has been judged to comply to the Thatcham criteria.


Can I pay in instalments?


If you would prefer to spread the cost of your car insurance policy, you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our Regulatory Information.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0344 892 1798 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim