Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Nursery Insurance

Cover designed for private day nurseries, kindergartens, sure start nurseries, Montessori schools and children's centres including breakfast clubs, after school clubs and summer camps.

  • Business interruption cover up to 24 months
  • Public & products liability covered up to £5 million as standard
  • Professional indemnity covered up to £250,000

Request a nursery insurance quote online

Get a quote error retrieving broker login link

Speak to a specialist adviser:

0330 123 5357
0330 123 5357

Weekdays 8.30am - 5.30pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Our nursery insurance policies can include the following features:

Towergate assist loss recovery service

Lorega provides you with an independent loss adjuster for eligible property damage claims, allowing you further piece of mind your claim will be dealt with efficiently.

Support helpline

The care industry sees a high level of stress amongst staff. Our free, confidential 24-hour stress helpline service offers employers the resource to provide their duty of care.

Legal expenses cover

24-hour legal advice line giving you access to qualified solicitors and barristers for impartial advice. This service provides cover for the costs of solicitors, barristers, expert witnesses and court proceedings.

A-rated insurer

Our nursery policies are underwritten by Markel (UK) Limited. Markel is an A-rated insurer who offers knowledge and support to nurseries with their extensive experience in the sector.

Nursery Insurance Claims

We pride ourselves on our personal touch, and from choosing the correct policy through to making a claim, our expert team will be on hand to offer impartial advice and support at all times.

Our in-house nursery insurance claims handlers are available Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm to support you. Furthermore, if you have a more urgent concern, we offer a 24-hour helpline.

Need to make a claim?

Simply email us on or call us on:

0330 123 5921

Nursery Insurance Articles & Guides

Read more of our guides and articles on day nursery insurance and the wider care industry.

Nursery Std


Insurance implications when expanding your nursery

It’s so satisfying to see the children in your care develop and grow. Nurturing your business is rewarding too but it’s important to consider the implications of growth in terms of both maintaining the highest standards of care, insurance protection and of course, profitability.

Is Your Nursery Insured


Is your nursery properly insured?

Is your Nursery properly insured? According to the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, 80%(i) of commercial properties indicate various levels of underinsurance. It is also estimated the average commercial property in the UK is underinsured by 49%(ii). This can have a severe impact on the amount of money received in the event of a claim.

Nursery Insurance FAQs

What should we do if an accident or incident happened on the premises?

It is important you call us immediately and make sure you collect any evidence, e.g. take photographs or statements as soon after the incident as possible.

Are staff members covered to administer non-prescribed medicines such as Calpol?

The administration of both prescribed and non-prescribed medicines/drugs are included under the policy.

Is cover provided for out of school clubs and holiday schemes

Yes, they are covered.

Are we covered for outings away from the premises?

Yes, under the nursery insurance policy you are covered for organised and supervised outings.

What is public liability insurance?

Public liability insurance provides cover against your legal liability to pay damages arising out of accidental injury to children, parents or other third parties or damage to their property. Public liability would provide cover if a visitor to your business premises is injured on site, or if one of your employees injures a third party whilst working for you.

What is professional indemnity insurance?

Covers the legal liability of the policy holder for a breach of professional duty.

What is employers' liability insurance?

As an employer, you are required by law to have employers liability insurance. It is similar to public liability insurance but relates to damages arising out of accidental injury or job related illness to your employees.

Can I pay in instalments?

If you would prefer to spread the cost of your policy you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our Regulatory Information.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.