Office Insurance

Uniquely tailored office insurance cover for any size of office and any type of business.

Our office insurance can cover buildings and contents through business interruption, computer breakdown, legal expenses and your liabilities. With some of our insurers you will also have access to a dedicated risk management service - helping you take the risk out of running your office.

0344 346 0409
0344 346 0409 Mon - Thu 8:30am - 6.00pm, Fri - 8:30am - 5.30pm
Get a quote Request a callback

Office insurance features

  • Accidental damage cover

  • Business interruption

  • Theft

  • Computer breakdown

  • Legal expenses

  • Products liability up to £5 million

  • Employers' liability with a limit of indemnity of £10 million

  • Public liability insurance with a limit of indemnity up to £5 million

  • Up to £15,000 cover for frozen or chilled foods and up to £5,000 for any other perishable goods

Prefer to spread the cost of your policy?

Paying by direct debit is an affordable and convenient way to pay for your policy. Through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL)*, you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in equal monthly instalments.

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

*To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our Regulatory Information.


Office insurance exclusions

  • Policy excess as shown in your policy documents

  • Computer inefficacy

  • Breach of professional duty

  • Damage to business files resulting in erasure or distortion of information on computer systems

Exclusions vary depending on the type of cover chosen within your office insurance. 

These are just some of the key exclusions/limitations, full details will be found in policy wordings.


Office insurance FAQs

Can you cover my equipment outside of the office?

Yes we are able to offer an "All Risks" section to our office package. This will cover items taken outside of the insured business premises i.e. a laptop used for external meetings.

Do I have to be trading for a number of years to be able to get cover?

No, our range of insurance packages enables us to deliver the right solution for both start ups as well as established businesses.

I work from home, do I still need an office insurance policy?

Yes. You will need to cover your business equipment if this is not covered by your home insurance. You will also need to cover your liabilities resulting from your business activities (this is excluded from most home insurance policies).

Water has leaked into my shop from the flat upstairs. Do I need to advise my own insurers or shall I just claim against the upstairs neighbours?

You should notify your insurers of any damage to your property even if you think someone else may be responsible. Do not assume that just because the damage was caused by someone else that they are legally liable. The law allows for genuine and fortuitous events and also bear in mind that they might not be insured or in a financial position to pay for your damage.

Where can I find more information about monthly Direct Debit?

If you want to know more about our monthly payment option, please read our dedicated page on Direct Debit.


Office insurance claims promise

With Towergate you can be confident that, in the event of the worst happening, your claim will be handled by a dedicated claims team offering the exemplary, fast and efficient service that we expect from our own teams and from our partners.

Simply contact the office claims team using the details within your policy documents, or call us on 0344 892 1384 and we will put you through to the claims team. They will talk with you about your claim, guiding you through your next steps and taking you through the process.

Furthermore, if you feel you need additional support or if you have concerns about the progression of your claim, our in house team are always on hand to help.

Customer Reviews (6)

Customers rate our service at 83%

Based on 6 independent customer reviews.

DateProductScoreCustomer Comment

Office Insurance (Renewal)


If there was a category of ok I would use that. I requested a quote around 2 weeks before the renewal but was not sent it until the day before.

Office Insurance (Renewal)


It was just a routine renewal. there's nothing else to say.

Office Insurance (Renewal)


Good that they remind us when payment is due, and always on the end of the phone if you need them

Office Insurance (Renewal)


It was just a brief phone call - fairly efficient

Office Insurance (Renewal)


The service we receive from our Account Executive is excellent.

Office Insurance (Renewal)


Very helpful.

View all reviews >>

0344 346 0409
0344 346 0409 Mon - Thu 8:30am - 6.00pm, Fri - 8:30am - 5.30pm
Get a quote Request a callback
Feefo logo

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.