Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Plumbers Insurance

Our plumbers insurance provides ideal cover for plumbing and heating engineers.

  • Tailored plumbers insurance policies to include HVAC and refrigeration work
  • Liability limits from £1-10 million
  • Can be extended to commercial and industrial plumbing and heating engineering

Request a plumbers insurance quote suited to your needs

Get a quote

Retrieve your quote >>

Contact our team directly for bespoke plumbers insurance:

0344 892 1664
0344 892 1664

Mon-Thu 8:30am-5.30pm, Fri 8:30am-5.00pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

What does plumbers insurance cover?

What is plumbers insurance?

Our insurance offers public liability insurance for plumbers and heating engineers. It provides cover for any legal fees and compensation costs you are ordered to pay for injuries or damage caused during work you are carrying out.

Gas safety registered insurance

Our policies meet the requirements to ensure you'll be gas-safe registered. Cover extensions are available if you carrying out extensive gas work.

Cover for heat equipment

Our plumbers insurance covers against damage or injury caused to property or clients when you are using heat equipment such as a blowtorch or blowlamp.

Industrial and commercial plumbing and heating

We can offer our plumbers insurance for commercial and industrial work, extended above the standard 70kW for domestic properties.

Plumbers Insurance Claims

In the event of a claim please give us a call and we will talk through your claim and help guide you through your next steps in the process.

Need to make a claim?

Call us on:

0344 892 1384

Or email us with:

  • Your policy number
  • A contact number
  • Details of your claim
  • Relevant photos

Plumbers Insurance Articles & Guides

See our useful guides:

Tradesman Thumb

insurance guide

A Guide To Professional Tradesman Insurance Cover

Tradesman insurance is an umbrella term for any business or person who works performing a trade or service to the public. Yet with hundreds of different trades, how do you know what cover you might need? Our guide will help you understand liability insurance for trades, the different cover required and the types of trades we can insure

Business Invoicing


Business Invoicing

Client invoicing practiced in a clear and organised way will not only help you receive your cash sooner but will portray professionalism and provide evidence in the event of a non-payment or business insurance claim. We take a look at the top tips for best practice customer billing.

Plumbers Insurance FAQs

Do you cover areas other than domestic properties?

Yes, we can offer plumbers insurance for commercial and industrial work, extended above the standard 70kW for domestic properties. Cover can include work in commercial properties and high-risk areas such as airports.

Do you cover plumbing work using gas?

Yes. Gas is generally included in your cover, subject to you being a gas-safe registered contractor.

Do you cover HVAC and refrigeration work?

Yes, our plumbers insurance can cover this. Please specify when applying as they will be noted as different trades.

Are labour-only plumbing sub-contractors covered in the same way that direct PAYE staff are under the employer’s liability policy?

Yes. We can cover both types of plumbing employees for the same risks. However, it is very important to declare how your plumbing workforce are employed, as this will affect how your risks are calculated.

Can I pay in instalments?

To help you spread the cost of your premiums, we offer a quick and easy direct debit scheme for spreading payment over ten months. Please visit our dedicated Direct Debit page to find out more.

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.