Park Home Insurance

Our cover is designed to meet the needs of park home owners, giving you peace of mind to enjoy making memories.

01242 894 061

Weekdays 9am–5pm, (7pm on last Mon of month), Sat 9am–12:30pm

Request a callback Renew your policy

About Park Home Insurance


Specialist service team

We have dedicated advisors, who specialise in park home insurance, available five days a week.


Spread the cost

We offer the option to spread the total cost over monthly direct debit instalments.


Dedicated claims team

Our friendly team are dedicated to reacting quickly and to keeping your claim moving forward from notification to settlement.


Buildings and Contents Insurance

From your roof to the contents underneath it

Features of Park Home Insurance

Standard cover

Storm and flood cover for your park home

One of our most common causes for claims is storm and flood damage. This is why we include it as standard on our policies.

Theft or attempted theft

We’ve included theft and attempted theft through violent or forcible entry as standard on our park home insurance, so you can rest assured that you are insured against damage or loss caused as a result. It’s important to check the policy wording for any conditions that apply to this cover.

Vandalism or malicious damage cover

We will cover you for vandalism and malicious damage cover to the structure itself and your contents.

Frost damage to plumbing

We include frost damage to plumbing as standard so that as long as the necessary precautions (found in our policy wording) have been taken, we will cover for frost damage to your interior boiler and fixed domestic water and heating installations.

Additional cover

Homecare emergency cover for your park home

You can choose to include homecare emergency as an additional product with your policy. It provides a 24-hour helpline and assistance, including emergency repair services.

Extended accidental damage cover

You can choose to add our extended accidental damage cover on to your policy. As an example, this would cover you if you were to knock a precious ornament off the side and break it.

Park Home Insurance FAQs


What is blanket cover and why do I need it?


We provide blanket cover on our park home policies which means you will be insured up to £500,000 for the replacement of the park home and up to £75,000 for the replacement of your contents. This also includes other aspects such as the debris removal and re-siting a new home onto your plot.



Where can I find full details of my park home insurance policy?


We have provided a summary of the key features of the policy above. For details of the terms and conditions applicable, please refer to the insurance product information document and policy wording, which are available during the quotation process.


How will my documents be sent?


When you purchase your park home insurance policy, we will send you a welcome email with your Policy Schedule, Policy Wording, IPID and our Terms of Business. If you have requested paper versions, these documents will be sent to you in the post. If you purchased your policy after August 2019, you can also view your documents in your online portal. If you are renewing your policy, your documents will be emailed to you in your renewal pack or available in your online portal in the ‘My Account’ section.


How do I renew my policy?


Your renewal information will be emailed to you before your renewal date. If you purchased your policy after August 2019, you can also view your renewal documents and make changes to your policy in your online portal in the ‘My Account’ section which will include details of what is insured and your premium for the next year.


What document do I need to show as proof of insurance?


When you purchase your insurance, we will send your policy schedule in your welcome email which you will need to retain as your proof of insurance. If you purchased your policy after August 2019, you can also view your policy schedule in your online portal.


Is there a charge to cancel my policy?


Yes - to cancel your caravan policy there is a £30 cancellation charge.   


Are there any other charges to consider when cancelling my policy, other than the £30 cancellation fee?


If you choose to cancel your policy within the first 14 days, you will not be charged and a full refund will be provided, including any additional products you may have selected, as long as no claims have been made. The 14 days begin from the date your policy starts or the date you receive your documents, whichever is the latter. 

If you decide to cancel your policy after the first 14 days, you will be charged, by the insurer, for the time you have been on cover and a £30 cancellation fee and our commission will be retained on a pro rata basis. Also, our customer service charge and any additional products are completely non-refundable. However, if a claim has been made, the full premium will be charged. 

Our optional additional products include: Excess protection, Homecare Emergency, Legal Protection and Key Protection. Please check your documentation to confirm if you have included these products in your policy. 


I have included an optional additional product in my policy, am I able to remove this?


Yes, you can remove your optional additional products at any time. However, you will only receive a refund of premium for these covers in the first 14 days. After the first 14 days the optional additional products are non-refundable.


What do you class as a residential site?


A site which is registered with the local council to operate as a residential site and remains open for 52 weeks of the year.


I live in my park home/caravan but not on a residential site, which policy do I need to quote on?


If you do not live on a residential site, you will need to get a quote on our static caravan policy.


Do I need to live in my property all year round to obtain park home insurance?


Yes, you must live in your property for 12 months of the year. If your site requires you to leave your site for a duration of time, you can obtain a quotation on our caravan policy


I want to make changes to my renewal, do I need to call you or am I able to make the changes online?


If you purchased your policy after August 2019, you can view, amend and purchase your renewal in your online portal under the ‘My Account’ section.


My site has historic flooding, what information would you require to be able to provide me with a quotation?


If your site has flooded previously, you will need to complete a quotation over the phone to provide the following information:

  • When did the site flood?
  • Have flood defences been implemented since the site flooded in your area?
  • Are there flood defences specific to your site?
  • Do you have a floatation device fitted to your caravan?
  • When the site flooded, did it affect your caravan?
  • What is the distance from any water source?
  • Did your previous insurer apply any terms to your policy due to flooding?


Can I pay in instalments?


If you would prefer to spread the cost of your policy you have the option of setting up a Direct Debit to pay your premium in monthly instalments through our preferred provider, Premium Credit Limited (PCL).

To find out more about PCL and direct debit payments, select Direct Debit.

To understand more about how PCL work together with Towergate, please read our regulatory information.

Product and Service Support

Policy Documents

These are just some of the key features and exclusions, full details will be found in your policy wording.

Policy wording

Uploaded: 5/12/2021

1.15 Mb

Insurance product information document

Uploaded: 5/12/2021

340 Kb

View all documents
Policy documents

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0344 892 1416 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim