Independent Schools Insurance

About Independent Schools Insurance


Cover for different types of education institutions

We have worked with a range of schools and colleges for many years guiding headteachers, principals, bursars, school business managers, trustees and governors.


Tailored solutions for your needs

We work closely with you to create bespoke insurance programmes that reflect your unique risks and exposures, ensuring value for money.


Expert advice and guidance

Advice on a wide range of specialist insurance policies which protect the school’s assets and liabilities in addition to the personal liabilities of your directors, trustees, governors and other senior managers within the school.


Supplier to the Independent Schools Association

Providing the best balance of quality and value to our school clients has enabled us to become one of the ISA’s Gold Suppliers.

Features of Independent Schools Insurance

Bespoke cover

Independent school insurance specialists

As insurance and risk management specialists to schools in the independent sector, we have insurance professionals that work solely with independent schools. We understand the unique nature of your exposures and will work with you to design an insurance programme that accurately addresses and reflects your risks.

Comprehensive and broad cover

Schools and colleges face a wide range of risks. Some will be more obvious, such as the risk of property damage from a storm or flood. Others may be just as real but perhaps less immediately recognised, such as threats to your operations arising from computer viruses or hacking.

Continuous support and guidance

We aim to develop long-term relationships with clients and our experienced team are readily available to provide guidance and support throughout the year, not simply in the few months leading up to renewal.

In-house claims management and specialist claims team

When a loss occurs the quality of your insurance arrangements is put to the test. Our in-house claims management is a core element of our service and our specialist claims team will work closely with you to support and guide you in preparing your claim. Our negotiations with insurers are focused and proactive with the twin objectives of obtaining the best possible outcome and bringing the claim to a swift conclusion.

Independent Schools Insurance FAQs


What is public liability insurance?


Public liability insurance provides cover against your legal liability to pay damages if a pupil is injured while in your care or a visitor to the school is injured on site.


What is professional indemnity insurance?


Professional indemnity insurance provides cover against the school’s legal liability for a breach of professional duty


What is employers' liability insurance?


As an employer, you are required by law to have employers liability insurance. It is similar to public liability insurance but relates to damages arising out of accidental injury or job-related illness to your employees.

How do I make a claim?

When you need to make a claim, we’ll guide you through the process and get your claim settled as quickly as possible.


Find your insurance documents

and make sure you have all your information at hand, including your policy number


Call the claims team

on 0800 783 3500 and explain exactly what happened


Provide photos if requested

to help us understand what happened as quickly as we can

Relaxed Person Making Claim